Tuuba Time: 2024-04-20 14:45:11 | Local Time: 2024-04-20 11:45:11

You are not logged in.

^ #61 2015-10-20 04:25:27

Granger
Cash Money
Website

Re: ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT

Yeah, of course, but would it be the same if back then newcomers werent so hacked on unless they posted something really great? Think about it,  the regulars that would post today would be different ones. Probably.

Ah, pondering about this is useless anyways,  who could  truly tell?

Life is like a box of chocolates. But theres no candies in there for you.

^ #62 2015-10-20 04:26:00

Hades Izanami
Supreme Senpai

in case you havent noticed, Gilgamash, Im right here

^ #63 2015-10-20 04:31:01

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

I'll love you in the arse.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #64 2015-10-20 04:32:38

B1rd
-

I think we can keep this forum going indefinitely. That is, if we actually start using this one instead of posting back in the old OT. As for getting new people, I just lurk in the main forum and invite the people who seem worthy. I might even advertise on 8chan since you can purchase adds cheaply and target them at whatever board you want. And no I'm not talking about /b/, some of the smaller boards have pretty decent communities.

^ #65 2015-10-20 04:36:25

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Oh Jesus, 8chan.

I'll come there and strangle you with my bare hands.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #66 2015-10-20 04:37:14

xxjesus1412fanx
Baron of G&R
Website

No chans pls :T

Last edited by xxjesus1412fanx (2015-10-20 04:37:24)

i am Riince aka Bassist Vinyl
Professional Jesse Fanboy

^ #67 2015-10-20 04:39:06

B1rd
-

Trust my judgement guys, pleez

^ #68 2015-10-20 04:41:04

Brian OA
Liver Extraordinaire
Website

Well, the issue with OT is that it's listed as a public forum but it wants to be a private group. We have a culture and userbase that wants to be exclusive, but it's been put in a public setting and those mix like oil and water. You try to enforce the public aspect and you get GD. You enforce the private aspect and you get OT.

This is why I adored bungie.net: you had public forums and you were also given on-site private groups that could be made on any user's whim. You had a place (dozens, really) where you could circlejerk all day about any of your interests and that'd be fine. You didn't have to bug public forums with shit content because you had a place for that (also mods would ban you for a week just for replying to shit threads). There was a time and place for anything and everything. OT kind of fills that role, but a line still has to be drawn.

As it stands, though? Yeah, OT is the closest thing you can get to a private group on osu! barring using third-party means like this, skype, slack, irc, etc.

Regarding influx of users? Unless we actively advertised this forum via signatures and discussions on the public forum, we wouldn't get many new users. We still have a potential userbase in banned players (of which I know a ton which are totally cool dudes) like Mara over there. Either way, I think our influx would be small enough that it would not overwhelm our group in any way, and our autism would probably keep the place going for quite a while.

^ #69 2015-10-20 04:44:47

Granger
Cash Money
Website

Meh, i dont really know anything about 8chan anyways. So yeah, no judging. But out of sheer curiousity, what communities would you put the ads on?

Brian OA wrote:

This is why I adored bungie.net: you had public forums and you were also given on-site private groups that could be made on any user's whim. You had a place (dozens, really) where you could circlejerk all day about any of your interests and that'd be fine.

Reminds me of  the social forum system they use over at Terraria.org , but i havent really made any use of it. Just seems like most of these groups are pretty... well dead.
Steams system is pretty similar to that aswell...

Last edited by Granger (2015-10-20 04:51:40)

^ #70 2015-10-20 05:00:48

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

I'm willing to be autistic if you guys are.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #71 2015-10-20 05:11:44

Brian OA
Liver Extraordinaire
Website

Granger wrote:

Meh, i dont really know anything about 8chan anyways. So yeah, no judging. But out of sheer curiousity, what communities would you put the ads on?

Brian OA wrote:

This is why I adored bungie.net: you had public forums and you were also given on-site private groups that could be made on any user's whim. You had a place (dozens, really) where you could circlejerk all day about any of your interests and that'd be fine.

Reminds me of  the social forum system they use over at Terraria.org , but i havent really made any use of it. Just seems like most of these groups are pretty... well dead.
Steams system is pretty similar to that aswell...

aye, but there's no real central hub of activity, I feel, with those systems. They're like houses that just lead you to the kitchen and you have no clue where the living room is supposed to be so you just make yourself a little sandwich and then leave

^ #72 2015-10-20 05:15:09

sev
Marshal Admiral

IppE wrote:

You can choose not to look at it.

But I love looking at lewd stuff.

^ #73 2015-10-20 05:34:59

B1rd
-

Brian OA wrote:

Well, the issue with OT is that it's listed as a public forum but it wants to be a private group. We have a culture and userbase that wants to be exclusive, but it's been put in a public setting and those mix like oil and water. You try to enforce the public aspect and you get GD. You enforce the private aspect and you get OT.

This is why I adored bungie.net: you had public forums and you were also given on-site private groups that could be made on any user's whim. You had a place (dozens, really) where you could circlejerk all day about any of your interests and that'd be fine. You didn't have to bug public forums with shit content because you had a place for that (also mods would ban you for a week just for replying to shit threads). There was a time and place for anything and everything. OT kind of fills that role, but a line still has to be drawn.

As it stands, though? Yeah, OT is the closest thing you can get to a private group on osu! barring using third-party means like this, skype, slack, irc, etc.

Regarding influx of users? Unless we actively advertised this forum via signatures and discussions on the public forum, we wouldn't get many new users. We still have a potential userbase in banned players (of which I know a ton which are totally cool dudes) like Mara over there. Either way, I think our influx would be small enough that it would not overwhelm our group in any way, and our autism would probably keep the place going for quite a while.

I don't really think that's a fair description. OT is not 'private', it just has it's own culture, and only a relatively small amount of people who encounter it integrate themselves into that culture.

Granger wrote:

Meh, i dont really know anything about 8chan anyways. So yeah, no judging. But out of sheer curiousity, what communities would you put the ads on

Good for you to say that at least, these other guys were basically "who is this '8chan'" an hour ago and then complaining now that they didn't want anything to do with it. I was thinking of advertising on /furry/, /pedo/, /cuteboys/ and

Hidden text

actually just /2hu/ /v/ or /a/

^ #74 2015-10-20 05:39:21

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Anything that ends with "chan" is cancerous, and I can't really believe Brian visits those places. Ew. :p

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #75 2015-10-20 05:45:21

Granger
Cash Money
Website

Hey now, the chans are pretty much only hosts for many different communities. Im rather liking the arts and crafts boards on 4chan... blame the media for calling /b/ 4chan. And yourself for forming such general prejudices based on media informations.

Board footer

Cookie policy