Tuuba Time: 2019-10-20 22:55:54 | Local Time: 2019-10-20 19:55:54

You are not logged in.

#1 Re: Off Topic » ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT » 2019-10-02 09:19:25

fittan wrote:

i want to delete peppu

I will support you wholeheartedly in that endeavour

#2 Re: Off Topic » ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT » 2019-09-18 08:48:00

it finally happened huh

waiting for the immense influx of members that will surely follow now

#3 Re: Off Topic » ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT » 2019-08-24 22:49:58

InsectProxy wrote:
tupsu wrote:

cofe is the worst kind of hot drink tbh, immensely dehydrating headache risk that makes you poop weirdly

You can still get that with tea as well.
Most of the side effects can be mitigated with moderation.
Anyways coffee tastes good and wakes me up.

Also if we're talking about digestive system issues hot sauces like Dave's Insanity can cause the real problems.

I have no issues with tea, even when I drink like a litre of black tea; on the other hand even a small cup of coffee causes my stomach to disagree with it
the end result is that if I drink coffee, it's diluted down to the colour of my skin

fittan wrote:

weak eesti stomach

fuck you fucking snow and rock eaters ;__;

#4 Re: Off Topic » ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT » 2019-08-22 00:09:08

cofe is the worst kind of hot drink tbh, immensely dehydrating headache risk that makes you poop weirdly

#5 Re: General Discussion » 2018 secret santa [signups] » 2019-08-22 00:07:55

if it hasn't been obvious yet I kinda gave up on this year, small amount of participants plus I've been way too busy with puljuhommat (for non finns: volunteer crap I signed up for)

we can try again for christmas maybe, no promises unless forum activity really surges

#6 Re: Off Topic » ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT » 2019-07-04 22:24:45

I'm going to get to go and hit people with plastic sticks padded with some pipe insulation for the weekend, wish me luck on that

I just hope my leg survives the affair, since it's been having a mystical pain for the last few days now

#7 Re: Off Topic » ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT » 2019-07-01 19:00:39

fittan wrote:
tupsu wrote:
fittan wrote:

This one admittedly applies almost exclusively to the case tupsu described better than I could. I am not claiming this is all there is to gender dysphoria, please don't read into this one too heavily.

actually, no, I don't think so - the age group I'm discussing is the late teens (15-19), once those get into deeper online socialisation and certain social networks (in particular tumblr and certain parts of twitter). if a kid below, say, 10, is exhibiting gender dysphoria, I'd be willing to bet it's not a learned behaviour/what I'm describing, unless their parents are specifically shaming them on their gender or some such matter.

I haven't talked to anyone in that age range. I have, however, spoken to a lot of people during the time I and them was/were 16/17-21/22 while they were having their crossdressing phase and were considering HRT until they realised they were just young, afraid of the world and vulnerable to influence of the internet and easy attention.

I've not personally spoken to anyone still in that age range experiencing dysphoria either, but as Granger also said earlier, everyone who I know who's 'stuck to it' (i.e. not influenced by the internet but 'authentically' trans) has stated they started feeling uncomfortable/wrong about their body at around toddler age, and it only got worse as puberty appeared. what you are describing does sound about right for what I was describing, yes.

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Suomi/comments … iv%C3%A4n/ fittan could find this interesting, it's a pretty nice AMA that covers a lot of the topics we've been discussing.

#8 Re: Off Topic » ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT » 2019-06-30 21:31:34

fittan wrote:

This one admittedly applies almost exclusively to the case tupsu described better than I could. I am not claiming this is all there is to gender dysphoria, please don't read into this one too heavily.

actually, no, I don't think so - the age group I'm discussing is the late teens (15-19), once those get into deeper online socialisation and certain social networks (in particular tumblr and certain parts of twitter). if a kid below, say, 10, is exhibiting gender dysphoria, I'd be willing to bet it's not a learned behaviour/what I'm describing, unless their parents are specifically shaming them on their gender or some such matter.

#9 Re: Off Topic » ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT » 2019-06-28 21:33:49

Granger wrote:
tupsu wrote:

Granger seems to have taken over my part of the discussion really successfully, I haven't really had much to contribute

remember to kiss cute people regardless of their gender if you happen to like them

Im curious if you disagree with me on some points? A few of my points were rather controversial within the trans community when i still participated. (me getting called truscum f.e, or me being called transphobic even for daring to go stealth/viewing that as the goal)

I would probably also be seen as an evil gatekeeper and truscum by the people who use that latter term yes
my general view is that people are in charge of their own lives and should identify as they please, within some bound. I tend to state my main bound as 'could it plausibly occur naturally?' - so genderfluid people for example are cool in my book, but otherkin probably not so much (also they really don't belong in trans spaces imo, animals aren't genders)
also, I do think there's a number of over-identification issues in the community. as the term I'm using for it is implying, the result is that a number of people (often young and impressionable, or having other problems in life) end up identifying as trans, and later reconsidering - the problem, then, being whether they've gone through any irreversible procedures in that time.

I guess an attempt at a brief sum of my views could be:
- let people identify as they please, but I and many others probs won't take someone claiming they're a cat seriously
- as an extension, any kind of modifications or procedures should as a general rule be up to the person to undertake or decide upon
- however, due to current society and internet communities, a number of (in particular young) people seem to currently be beginning to transition, then eventually regretting it and reversing what they can
  - hence, I presently support time restrictions on when people can continue with non-reversible or difficult to reverse procedures; however, if (and hopefully when) the social aspects change, I feel it should move to the discretion of the person, possibly with a psychologist's sign-off (though I don't feel that's the best approach at all)
- under-18s should wait until 18 (or whatever the age of majority happens to be where you are) for non-reversible stuff, but puberty blockers are good by me.

#10 Re: Off Topic » ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT » 2019-06-27 00:47:48

Granger seems to have taken over my part of the discussion really successfully, I haven't really had much to contribute

remember to kiss cute people regardless of their gender if you happen to like them

#11 Re: Off Topic » ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT » 2019-06-19 02:19:49

1) what is 'normal' is subjective bullshit and there is no way to define it. also, gay conversion therapy is most often highly traumatic, at times features shit like electric shocks, and has little to no scientific proof behind it. parents aren't allowed to traumatise their kids for any other reason in the UK as far as I'm aware.
2) there shouldn't be any difference between male and female prisons anyway and trans prisoners are more likely to face harassment/violence in prisons of the gender they don't identify with, which isn't exactly the point of imprisonment. why not take measures to reduce prison violence
3) the blood is tested every time anyway though; the behaviour of a minority inside a community (even if that minority is a larger percentage in that community than the general community) shouldn't be used to paint the entire community
note that I actually don't have strong opposition against the 3 month ban because statistics (it's a problem that should be treated in the MSM communities via awareness and encouragement to use more protection), but there are some countries which ban it for a year/possibly even forever, which is just absurd
4) some people feel immense discomfort about being labelled either gender, I do not see why someone should be forced to go through that just because 'muh traditional categories'. biological sex and gender identity are two wholly different concepts, which is seen already through the variety of gender presentation across genders themselves (oversimplified: not all vagina owners wear pink dresses on a daily basis, etc.) also, quite literally, people who do not fit into either category exist; trying to fit a circle into a sorting system of triangles and squares will probably not end well
5) I agree it doesn't need to be subsidised (with certain exceptions that have little to do with gay men), but there should be out-of-pocket availability ensured. also it is a matter of public health and likely cheaper than the NHS having to provide antiretrovirals for NHS instead
6) I mean, it's fact for a number of other public services? I agree it's not the government's issue though, the individual places should be pushed to provide accessibility
7) why the fuck would you ever have your genitals out in a school's changing room? also, why the fuck should a bullying victim be blamed for *being different* rather than the bullies for being dipshits?
often with intersex people it's a 50/50 cointoss of what gender they identify with, and if the doctors/parents happen to get it wrong, it's quite the adventure to in essence reverse a gender reassignment surgery years after the fact. let people decide what bits they feel like they should have, it's no one else's business
8) meh, yeah, about the same opinion
9) I disagree with parent-based sheltering - people can have opinions on what their child is taught and how they feel about it, but as long as the curriculum is neutral and simply explains the existence of these groups, it shouldn't be opt-in or opt-out. to me, it vaguely resembles the concept of trying to hide from your kid that Asians exist or something
10) targeted violence is an issue but this seems very out of place in this list yes
11) how is it against someone's moral values that certain people exist? if I decide that the existence of Jewish people goes against my moral values, should that give me reason to demand they don't get mentioned anywhere ever?
12) if someone was refused housing because they were/identified as a woman (cis for the sake of the example), or because they were x nationality/ethnicity, I have a feeling you'd feel otherwise about it. any kind of non-changeable trait (and yes, gender identity is non-changeable in my opinion) should not be a valid ground for refusing someone government services
13) I mean, it's pretty relevant information for the government to know; iirc our census collects that data. it is also quite relevant for interest groups to know that information, nothing about highlighting them or being special
14) this is a vague thing where causation can't really be proven, I don't really know how to address this in any sensible way. it's unfortunate that GSM people are kicked out more frequently but that's more of an indication that maybe general views on the matter should be changing so that parents would stop kicking their kids out
15) first of all, any complaints about changing the act are pretty moot at this point considering there have already been several promises by the government to do that, but nothing has actually happened yet.
as for the contents itself, yes the government should allow people to change their gender considering gender-sex mismatch has been shown to be quite common at this point. the UK specifically has a fucking draconic system with that currently, hence why that act should be reformed. having an official document state that you are something you are not can feel like you are having your identity stripped away from you, and it quite clearly contributes to the general misery trans people experience if unable to transition.
moreover, why the fuck would anyone need an official document on what genitalia you happen to possess/what hormones your body produces? doctors, sure, but that's a pretty common-sense thing to mention to your doctor (and disclosing that to your doctors is advocated for by just about every sane person trans or not).
I also can't tell what exactly you're saying with the tattoos and marriage point, so if you want me to complain about that you might want to clarify that.
imo people shouldn't be changing their gender before 18 no (or even a bit after that tbh), but puberty blockers have been shown to be a safe alternative that reduces overall misery/dysphoria and enables transitioning to be easier for those that go through it after the fact (and if it turns out the person changes their mind, they just stop taking the blockers and experience puberty late).

glossary:
MSM = men who have sex with men
cis = "not trans" ie sex matches gender
sex = biological ie what genitals you have
gender = what you feel like you should be
GSM = gender and sexual minorities, automatically encompasses everything as opposed to the LGBT+ letter soup

#12 Re: Off Topic » ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT » 2019-06-16 21:55:33

did they molest you on the way back in the airport
I suppose the more serious question is, was there really aggressive border control, like for example did they tell you to give them your social media a la USA

#13 Re: Off Topic » ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT » 2019-06-13 13:42:13

I wonder if Brian's title refers to a liver or a liver

one of those would be quite a bit more ironic with that post

#15 Re: Off Topic » ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT » 2019-05-27 00:16:26

InsectProxy wrote:
tupsu wrote:

Finland might have those beat I think; in Helsinki they've equipped a bunch of old ITG cabs with FSRs and you can hand set the sensitivity to your liking on those. I personally can't get any benefit out of it because I've been ruined by getting to feel my feet sink into the pad cobalt-style, but it's neat.
what the fuck is that "game mode" though

Ah ok.
My pad has the sinking action too so...yeah.

That game mode uses a custom pad that utilizes analog sensors so you could have sdvx elements in your itg.

Anyways if you're thinking about getting a pad for stepmania not-itg is a lot of fun.

I asked around and apparently the Finnish pads do have that same pressure sensing capability so they could play that mode; now I'm just imagining Wii Fit ported to that, though...

I generally play on Simply Love myself (really heavily themed StepMania), but I'm sure I'd get to playing around with NITG as well at some point

Board footer

Powered by Maki (r138/git:c447f31)

mascot