Cancer

Re: Post your work here!

KQOGfHU.png
I don't know if i get motivated or jealous by Brians drwaings

^ #47 2015-10-28 09:09:28

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Fuck you Briansky, I want to beat your drawings but at the same time can't be arsed to practice. I can still watch videos on that site you sent me way waaay back though.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #48 2015-10-28 09:15:25

Brian OA
Liver Extraordinaire
Website

5cfc615770.png

Watch the neck; that's pretty darn long. Look into neck/shoulder connections. The more you take into consideration while asserting that you know what you're doing will make pictures improve drastically.

Look at stock photos to get a feeling for more natural stationary poses

Fuck you too aurani come back when you've done 600+ requests Practice gets you a long way!

^ #49 2015-10-28 09:18:26

Shiringo
Cancer

fuck man I suck.

Last edited by Shiringo (2015-10-28 23:02:32)

^ #50 2015-10-28 09:22:22

Brian OA
Liver Extraordinaire
Website

you only suck once you've given up

^ #51 2015-10-28 09:42:32

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Well, thing is, it's not like I can't draw or cba practicing or even watch your lessons, but the fact that I'm not talented in it bums the living shit out of me. The things I'm passionate about are the things I'm usually talented in, so let's take languages as an example:
I've learned German in less than 2 months by watching Nickelodeon as a child. I've learned Italian by watching Rai Due (mainly, along with other Rai channels) when I was bored and I've learned English not by paying attention in classes (to be quite honest, I suck at grammar because I skipped most of them, lol) but by reading the text on the various cream tubes and shower gels whilst taking a crap (even if I kind of dislike English as a language).

It's easy for me to find the motivation to learn something if I know I'm better than your average Joe at it. If I'm complete and utter shit at something AND have no talent, I quickly lose all of my motivation and the passion withers, never to return.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #52 2015-10-28 09:44:50

Soner
Fruit Expert/Expert Fruit

Gilgamesh wrote:

If I'm complete and utter shit at something AND have no talent, I quickly lose all of my motivation and the passion withers, never to return.

Just pretend it's osu!, I hear that people love throwing all their time and effort into that game even when they aren't improving.

^ #53 2015-10-28 11:15:30

Shiringo
Cancer

rCtPUF9.png
is the head too big or is it just me?
and the scarf looks like a rope.

^ #54 2015-10-28 11:25:30

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

It's not that it looks like a rope, but the fact that it almost looks like she has no neck. It's too narrowly drawn compared to the torso/head size.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #55 2015-10-28 19:40:13

NotEvenDoomMusic
the real me

sketch

2CtK0jn.jpg

i have no idea why i am sharing but i do

CiMWA9M.pngCiMWA9M.pngCiMWA9M.pngCiMWA9M.pngCiMWA9M.pngCiMWA9M.png

^ #56 2015-10-28 19:57:42

Brian OA
Liver Extraordinaire
Website

Gilgamesh wrote:

Well, thing is, it's not like I can't draw or cba practicing or even watch your lessons, but the fact that I'm not talented in it bums the living shit out of me. The things I'm passionate about are the things I'm usually talented in, so let's take languages as an example:
I've learned German in less than 2 months by watching Nickelodeon as a child. I've learned Italian by watching Rai Due (mainly, along with other Rai channels) when I was bored and I've learned English not by paying attention in classes (to be quite honest, I suck at grammar because I skipped most of them, lol) but by reading the text on the various cream tubes and shower gels whilst taking a crap (even if I kind of dislike English as a language).

It's easy for me to find the motivation to learn something if I know I'm better than your average Joe at it. If I'm complete and utter shit at something AND have no talent, I quickly lose all of my motivation and the passion withers, never to return.

^ #57 2015-10-28 20:06:25

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

M69rx4g.jpg
Proper answer, mongrel.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #58 2015-10-28 20:24:56

Brian OA
Liver Extraordinaire
Website

I can't tell you anything you haven't heard before.

The term "talent" needs clarifying. To any man who has slaved to acquire skill in his art, it is most irritating to have his ability referred to as a "gift." Perhaps there is one genius in a hundred years or more who can achieve perfection by "divine inspiration." I have never met such a man, and I do not know any successful artist who did not get there by the sweat of his brow. Again, I do not know of a single successful artist who does not continue to work hard. There is no formula in art that will not break down as soon as the effort behind it ceases. But, to compensate, there is no reward on earth that can compare with a pat on the back for a hard job well done. Talent, in its underclothes, is a capacity for a certain kind of learning. Talent is an urge, an insatiable desire to excel, coupled with indefatigable powers of concentration and production. Talent and ability are like sunlight and a truck garden. The sun must be there to begin with, but, added to it, there must be plowing, planting, weeding, hoeing, destroying of parasites—all have to be done before your garden will yield produce. According to those one-inch ads we see so often, you can be an artist, play the piano, write a book, be compelling, convince anybody, make friends, and get a high-salaried job if you'll just sit down and answer it—and, of course, "kick in."

If you want to draw, if you want to gamble all your chips for stakes that are really worth while, you have an excellent chance of winning. If you just dabble, you will certainly lose your ante, for the others in the game are playing their hands for all they are worth. I have met students who have said they would like to learn drawing as a "sideline." There are no sidelines. You are either in the game or out of it. "Well, then, how do I know I'm going to be good enough to make a go of it?" No one can possibly be assured that he is going to be good enough at anything to make a go of it. Faith in yourself and industry are all that any of us have got to go on.

^ #59 2015-10-28 20:59:58

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Well thing is, I know that talent is not going to magically teleport you to the top - of course everyone needs to work their arses off, but talent is what you call that edge that someone has over everyone else. That tiny, yet unobtainable part of someone.
I can say that I'm talented in many different fields, but art is not one of them. What good is it going to do me if I work for 5 years, yet still can't be a decent artist because I lack that certain "touch" that only talented people have? I'm just really bummed because I want something I can never have.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #60 2015-10-28 21:32:18

Brian OA
Liver Extraordinaire
Website

I can't call talent a "touch." What I can call talent is simply an unbridled desire; a passion that will transcend motivation, overcome vanity, and instill discipline. Something like that is based on child-like wonder and expressed through diligent and hard work. And it's that that will give you an edge over everyone else. Where everyone will settle for reaching the top, you're setting your sights beyond that, still ready to climb higher.

The practice of rendering a picture properly is hardly a matter of having a "touch." It's a very mechanical process involving much studying and practicing, and I would say you could get quite far without ever questioning or relying on the idea of talent even when grappling with the best. After all, even surpassing them is just a matter of trial and error. The question is just how much you're willing to do it.

Thus, I can only point you to either http://puu.sh/kZRem/6048f5c6fb.png or the door

Board footer

Cookie policy