Tuuba Time: 2024-05-03 13:20:16 | Local Time: 2024-05-03 10:20:16

You are not logged in.

^ #91 2015-10-20 06:52:49

Granger
Cash Money
Website

Re: ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT

Eh, well... shooing newcomers away -> newcomers leave -> so do  the oldfags eventually -> inevitable community death

Its a constant struggle to keep your community welcoming but also represent the interrests of the oldfags. B1rd, your job is not  a easy one and certainly not one i envy you of.

Life is like a box of chocolates. But theres no candies in there for you.

^ #92 2015-10-20 06:54:05

Brian OA
Liver Extraordinaire
Website

B1rd wrote:
Brian OA wrote:

Currently it's just passive, but I'm still not fond of having role-playing and private conversations floating around. I'd be okay with that here though.

I don't see the problem with it. I don't see why we need to change how we act just to make it easier on newcomers.

It's not just for the newcomers. As much as I like most people here, posts like that are effectively shitposts. You might as well just post 'lol' in reply to a funny joke because that's just how much a private exchange that concerns no one would be worth in a public forum.

^ #93 2015-10-20 07:02:13

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

B1rd wrote:
Brian OA wrote:

Currently it's just passive, but I'm still not fond of having role-playing and private conversations floating around. I'd be okay with that here though.

I don't see the problem with it. I don't see why we need to change how we act just to make it easier on newcomers.

2b61c10ec5b21c82425e1626210611a2c1945077_hq.jpg

Brian OA wrote:

I've only been around for the three years. Can't really speak for anything before that sans what the oldfags spoke of
I never really felt welcome until Wojjan started talking to me
The rest of the time just felt like I was earning my place or having fun with some of the thread topics. I especially remember having fun with the 'post your dreams' thread

Oh, so you mean THAT kind of welcome. Well, in that case, you were one of the first ones to actually tell me to fuck off, from what I can remember. Back in that religion-based discussion, I was arguing with someone and all of a sudden you jump in, tell me that all my arguments are effectively shit and tell me to learn English and sod off. Then, a year later, when I improved my English and started using proper words to describe certain situations/definitions/everything else, you were the one who told me on Skype that I'm looking like I'm trying too hard by using words I "don't know". Well, mate, what the heck did you want from me? That's why I started adding "fucking" and "goddarn" after every second word on Osu, because apparently, writing to the extent of your knowledge is tryharding.

So yeah, you were the first to shun me, and there were quite a few more, including IppE and Eph, but unlike Eph, IppE and you turned around and started talking to me like I'm a human, all of a sudden.

In that way, yes, it was a "cool kids club", but there were some people there who made me feel welcome a few years ago, and that's why I actually stayed. I came to like OT far more than other subforums because of that, too.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #94 2015-10-20 07:05:35

zertap
Backend Oni
Website

Good morning guys. I think I should take more care before editing someone's post, especially when just awoken and still in a big tuuba..

^ #95 2015-10-20 07:08:11

Mara
Baka
Website

You're not the only one who just woke up. Be aware, finns are awake!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 … 27295.webm

^ #96 2015-10-20 07:39:01

Brian OA
Liver Extraordinaire
Website

Gilgamesh wrote:
B1rd wrote:
Brian OA wrote:

http://pm1.narvii.com/5805/2b61c10ec5b2 … 077_hq.jpg

Brian OA wrote:

I've only been around for the three years. Can't really speak for anything before that sans what the oldfags spoke of
I never really felt welcome until Wojjan started talking to me
The rest of the time just felt like I was earning my place or having fun with some of the thread topics. I especially remember having fun with the 'post your dreams' thread

Oh, so you mean THAT kind of welcome. Well, in that case, you were one of the first ones to actually tell me to fuck off, from what I can remember. Back in that religion-based discussion, I was arguing with someone and all of a sudden you jump in, tell me that all my arguments are effectively shit and tell me to learn English and sod off. Then, a year later, when I improved my English and started using proper words to describe certain situations/definitions/everything else, you were the one who told me on Skype that I'm looking like I'm trying too hard by using words I "don't know". Well, mate, what the heck did you want from me? That's why I started adding "fucking" and "goddarn" after every second word on Osu, because apparently, writing to the extent of your knowledge is tryharding.

So yeah, you were the first to shun me, and there were quite a few more, including IppE and Eph, but unlike Eph, IppE and you turned around and started talking to me like I'm a human, all of a sudden.

In that way, yes, it was a "cool kids club", but there were some people there who made me feel welcome a few years ago, and that's why I actually stayed. I came to like OT far more than other subforums because of that, too.

Oh, I remember that one. Yeah, that was probably the worst time to meet me, I think. Everyone was assuming so many things and essentially laughing off my core beliefs based on prejudices that it hurt. Then there were the people just fucking around to get a rise out of me.

I can't imagine I handled that well enough to be nice (or properly address an argument) though I particularly remember you made an aside or two about how unsatisfied you were with your expression or something along those lines. I can't imagine telling you to fuck off and work on your English otherwise.

I was trying to be open with you skype with that... Maybe? I can't remember very well. I think I was also very angry then though I don't remember why. I do remember feeling like you were being unnecessarily verbose to a fault, but I cannot remember very clearly when, how, or why I felt that way. The swearing is a nice touch though. Seems a lot more expressive.

I will admit that I probably hated you in some way or another and tried to take it out on you and I'm sorry for that. I mean, I always thought you were smart but you always seemed to hit all of my buttons somehow...

Still, that's not quite what I mean about my welcome or shunning either... It's a bit more complicated than having a couple of haters on your case. I mean yeah, I had those, but I feel like it was pretty justified given I had done some cringey stuff anyway. It was more of a systematic thing.

Thinking back, it's hard to describe as I've seen other users fall into OT's bad side and experience what could be interpreted as systematic shunning. I'll try to get back to that. I have a floor plan to finish.

^ #97 2015-10-20 07:48:07

Shiringo
Cancer

Mara wrote:

You're not the only one who just woke up. Be aware, finns are awake!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 … 27295.webm

Spooky and good morning.

^ #98 2015-10-20 07:56:54

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Brian OA wrote:

Oh, I remember that one. Yeah, that was probably the worst time to meet me, I think. Everyone was assuming so many things and essentially laughing off my core beliefs based on prejudices that it hurt. Then there were the people just fucking around to get a rise out of me.

I can't imagine I handled that well enough to be nice (or properly address an argument) though I particularly remember you made an aside or two about how unsatisfied you were with your expression or something along those lines. I can't imagine telling you to fuck off and work on your English otherwise.

I was trying to be open with you skype with that... Maybe? I can't remember very well. I think I was also very angry then though I don't remember why. I do remember feeling like you were being unnecessarily verbose to a fault, but I cannot remember very clearly when, how, or why I felt that way. The swearing is a nice touch though. Seems a lot more expressive.

I will admit that I probably hated you in some way or another and tried to take it out on you and I'm sorry for that. I mean, I always thought you were smart but you always seemed to hit all of my buttons somehow...

Still, that's not quite what I mean about my welcome or shunning either... It's a bit more complicated than having a couple of haters on your case. I mean yeah, I had those, but I feel like it was pretty justified given I had done some cringey stuff anyway. It was more of a systematic thing.

Thinking back, it's hard to describe as I've seen other users fall into OT's bad side and experience what could be interpreted as systematic shunning. I'll try to get back to that. I have a floor plan to finish.

You gave the mongrel before me a book as a reference to improve his English, yet all you said to me was "go and learn English if you wish to express yourself in a proper way." or something along those lines. It was passively insulting when compared to what you had done to the guy before me.
Thing is, back in the day you didn't even know me and I didn't know you either, so I'm pretty sure I wasn't pushing your buttons SO far back. I think that kind of thing started about 2 years ago when I became "friends" with that Frostei. It's something for a Skype call between you and me, as it isn't public, but I went through some real shit around that time, not only regarding my personal life, but also someone I was very, very fond of, so I did a 180 without any reason. I think a part of me just died around that time, and it might have been the good one.

Anyways, that's when I became so wordy and it definitely wasn't because I was trying too hard, but because I actually wanted someone to acknowledge me there. No matter how flawless my arguments were, no one gave a fine fuck, so I tried a different approach, thinking that maybe, just MAYBE you were actually right and my English was far too cringeworthy for a proper discussion, and yeah, that backfired immensely, so I started giving zero fucks and now only write to the best of my ability when I feel like being serious.

It's quite funny how I never really hated you, even though you gave me plenty of reasons for it, and was actually fascinated by the way you did things around the Forum, yet you actually held a grudge against me. I never noticed it.

You could've just said that you dislike me from the start, and we probably never would've talked to each other again, thus I wouldn't have discussed things around you and in turn wouldn't have pushed your buttons so often. You would've felt much better if you just wrote that one line.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #99 2015-10-20 08:01:06

Brian OA
Liver Extraordinaire
Website

I mean, I never held a grudge over it and I'd rather work things out than give up on them when it comes to people. If I didn't I'd probably regret it harshly.

I suppose I fancied you in some way. Maybe it was just how much effort you seemed to put out without being necessarily malicious—I don't really know. It's been too long.

Also, cringeworthy wouldn't be the word I'd use for your writing.

^ #100 2015-10-20 08:06:29

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Well, I certainly wouldn't be (and am not) surprised if you hated or even just disliked me. Everyone I meet pretty much dislikes me right away, but comes to like me after a while.

Actually wait, some people never do.

Last edited by Aurelianus Augustus (2015-10-20 08:07:28)

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #101 2015-10-20 08:07:57

Brian OA
Liver Extraordinaire
Website

Eh, not everyone's willing to make a friend.

^ #102 2015-10-20 08:13:38

Mara
Baka
Website

^ #103 2015-10-20 08:14:42

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

That's sadly an unknown feeling to me. I'm always keen on making friends, as long as they're the right type.

Thing is, you always seemed to give me vague answers when it came to why you actually began talking to me in the first place.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #104 2015-10-20 08:36:49

FuZ
cancer incarnate

If all the OT fags come and stick to this forum, i wonder what OT will look like in 2 months

Last edited by FuZ (2015-10-20 08:40:19)

^ #105 2015-10-20 09:01:01

Brian OA
Liver Extraordinaire
Website

Gilgamesh wrote:

That's sadly an unknown feeling to me. I'm always keen on making friends, as long as they're the right type.

Thing is, you always seemed to give me vague answers when it came to why you actually began talking to me in the first place.

I'm just not certain about it myself

Let's just rejoice in the present and react to strange youtube videos

https://youtu.be/6cDxtJP40Kg?t=12s

Board footer

Cookie policy