Tuuba Time: 2024-04-26 21:11:46 | Local Time: 2024-04-26 18:11:46

You are not logged in.

^ #76 2016-04-14 05:55:37

abraker
Mad Scientist

Re: abraker's Osu! Log

I took the time to play osu!catch this week. I make new records and jumped several tens of thousands of ranks. I thought I would get into the gamemode more, but turns out I naturally have less interest in it than standard. Speaking of standard, I made some top pp there thanks to very short farm maps. The combo based scoring system can go to fucks if it's a map less than a minute long. People want pp maps? Why not rank 30 second maps?

I finished refactoring the osu!skills code and added slider support to the osu!skill formula tool. I also got the first test of the reaction skill done. Values look promising, but that's without sliders and other factors.

I am forgetting something... oh well, let  it be a short log

hfT37VC.gif

^ #77 2016-04-18 05:48:12

abraker
Mad Scientist

-- contents lost :c --

Last edited by abraker (2016-05-12 18:41:01)

hfT37VC.gif

^ #78 2016-04-19 02:42:59

abraker
Mad Scientist

[PLY] 04/18/16 - <STD> Highest PP gained: 53pp; FELT - In my room [Tranquility] by Aka within 3 tries (97.05%)

hfT37VC.gif

^ #79 2016-04-19 20:56:30

abraker
Mad Scientist

[PLY] 04/19/16 - <STD> Accumulated 1000 PP

hfT37VC.gif

^ #80 2016-04-20 02:03:58

rtech

abraker wrote:

[PLY] 04/19/16 - <STD> Accumulated 1000 PP

Congratz! \o/

Last edited by rtech (2016-04-20 02:04:08)

^ #81 2016-04-20 06:49:56

abraker
Mad Scientist

How long do you think until 2000? lol

hfT37VC.gif

^ #82 2016-04-20 07:16:18

rtech

I'm really bad at estimating but i guess few months ? a bit more maybe.
If you have the will to improve and try to get used to harder maps and practice reading/consistency, you will get there eventually. :)

^ #83 2016-04-20 13:42:16

Mahogany
Pony

Congrats for entering the 1k pp club!

It only gets harder from here ):

"Real women will take your cash then leave. A waifu will be your devoted partner for life" -B1rd

^ #84 2016-04-30 06:18:20

abraker
Mad Scientist

I have slowly been stepping away from mania. I feel like I reached my limit and can't go faster. Well I can still try to read maps better, but there is a hard line between what I can and cannot do. I cannot dumpstream and cannot jack stream. Anything that requires speed with reading is not doable for me. Broken streams are my worst nightmare in that case. I did recently set new highscores in mania though, so I know I'm not totally done, but I'm getting close to it.

Days where I play for pp have ended with this wall, so maybe I'll get back to mania once more enjoyable maps will get ranked. As of right now (March 2016 is the last time I checked), there are only a handful of good mania maps which challenge my ability. Before I completely abandon mania, I still want to get rid of all those A's, B's and C's I have with the autoconverts. Until then I'll play once every now and then or whenever someone wants to multi.

So if not mania, then what? No not quiting osu!, I'm still too addicted + osu!skills. I had a choice between CtB and standard. I do see myself being able to get to 4 digit ranks in CtB easy, but recently I have developed a liking to standard. The one gamemode which I never though I will pick up. Back then thought I would transfer to Taiko. Taiko is a mindfuck for me to read honestly, and after a point I will run into the same problem with mania.

I like standard as a means to practice and develop my reaction, my aim, and my reading without necessarily focusing on fast keyboard mashing. My end goal would probably be to do some crazy CS 10 jump map, idk. I definitely don't see myself doing long and fast streams since I tap with my left hand. And in case you don't know, that my damaged hand from a year and a half back. I mean it doesn't bother me like it used to, but overdoing it does bring back the pain.

My mod mania queue will remain even if I stop playing mania. I'd still like to somewhat help improve mapping quality, but as of late I only took one request in a month. I decided to take a break from coding and internet surfing for one day to get a request out. I ended up checking if any of the players who requested the mod were online. Maybe I'll mod that way. See who is online a msg them saying I'll mod their map now. Because non of the player's are pm'ing me with mod requests, so the initial plan seems to be a failure. I know some may feel uneasy being confronted like that out of the blue, but I prefer better interaction. I see almost every BN do/prefer the opposite and I don't think that's a good trend.

Speaking of BN, a friend asked why I don't become one. Simple answer: I don't think I am qualified. I believe that to become BN you have to at least go through the grueling process of ranking a map, which I never did- yet. How can I be BN Without understanding the ins and outs of the modding process? Ranking criteria? Heck do I even have time to be BN? Most of the time I would dedicate to modding goes to working on osu!skills now (which might be the reason why I didn't update my map for so long). So yea... maybe I'll be BN is get pushed towards being one, but without knowing shit about how things work, and taking time to understand that shit, I don't see myself becoming one.

I made it sound that I work on osu!skills 24/7, meaning a lot gets done. No, most of that time goes into figuring how things work rather than making things work. What should a formula be? Why is this giving me this value? And so on. I just finished transferring the code to the master branch and found out that the how CS gets converted into osu!px is being done differently on the osu!skill analysis tool than on the osu!skill beatmap skill calculator, which means I was working with faulty values. Luckily there was an easy fix, but it stuff like these that takes up most of the time.

Also when I'm working on osu!skills, but not the formulas, I'm working on the osu!skills analysis tool. That will be later renamed to osu! replay analyzer. I have intentions on releasing it as a tool which allows players to inspect replays and see the skill generated for every note hit, odds of the player being able to pull of the play, and other really ambitious things (like fullblown difficulty-skill-replay-whatever analysis with overlay graphics and such). While it still a looooooong while till it becomes just that, I think it already looks promising enough.

Here is a screenshot of the tool for your curiosity:
TEiyo93.png

The white line is the current time marker. The blue lines on the bottom simulate the screen refresh rate. Currently it's set to 60hz. The pink squares are when the notes are to be hit. The long pink lines represent the note visibility.

Here is how gangsta on DT looks like with AR 0. Oh yea, also timeline zoom control with z+mousewheel: http://i.imgur.com/en009U6.png

The notes themselves are movable, so you can see the changes to the resultant skill of the note in realtime which is printed below the 3 sliders on the left. Those 3 sliders are for CS, AR, and HD toggle.

I won't be releasing this yet since it's in heavy development (and looks kinda lame right now), but do expect something like this, but cooler, to appear in the Dev forums in the future.

Is this the longest log yet?

Last edited by abraker (2016-04-30 06:25:03)

hfT37VC.gif

^ #85 2016-05-12 18:37:23

abraker
Mad Scientist

[PLY] 05/11/16 <STD> Comfort zone: 3.2*
[PLY] 05/12/16 <MANIA> Finally DT passed Jugem-T - G-SYMPHONiCORE [4K EXH] by Combinatorix

hfT37VC.gif

^ #86 2016-05-12 18:41:30

abraker
Mad Scientist

[NEW ACHIEVEMENT]: Highest star 4k DT PASSED

New:
[05/12/16] pic; replay
    4.86*; Jugem-T - G-SYMPHONiCORE [4K EXH] by Combinatorix

Prev:
[02/21/16] pic; replay
    4.85*; Deuce - Senretsu no ryu [Spy's Insane] by Mashiro-Fang

hfT37VC.gif

^ #87 2016-05-12 20:08:44

abraker
Mad Scientist

[PLY] 05/12/16 - <STD> Highest PP gained: 66pp; Kajiura Yuki - Run!Cat!Run! [Insane] by CodeS within 6 tries (97.01%)

Last edited by abraker (2016-05-12 20:11:01)

hfT37VC.gif

^ #88 2016-05-13 22:21:46

abraker
Mad Scientist

[PLY] 05/13/16 <MANIA> Finally S'd Meg & Dia - Monster (DotEXE Remix) [Zillah's 4K Insane] by nold_1702 with a score of 807k (95.49%); first attempt 08/14/14

hfT37VC.gif

^ #89 2016-05-20 08:29:39

abraker
Mad Scientist

I have been getting better in the standard gamemode. I can FC most 2* maps, and have made some new top PP scores, though I can't really count those as legit since they are from very short maps. I am getting closer to being able to do higher 4* maps as I leaned to read AR 9. It's not perfect, but at least I can react to AR 9 now. It is also very tempting to go DT or HR on all the maps I FC'd so far, but I promised myself I wouldn't until I hit a skill barrier I can't pass for an extend period of time.

On the mania side of things, khelly recently decided to learn to play mania and started dragging me back to it. Just when I thought I was done with the gamemode, something just had to pull me back. I do see khelly becoming a formidable rival. He already beat some of my scores I can't dream of beating back for some time. It's mostly due to my accuracy issues. To start with, my unstable rate is utter crap.

There are times where I go god mode and don't flinch or choke due to the realization of what I am doing, but most of the time any sudden realization or negative connotations will screw me up easy. And that happens almost all the time. I can never tell if I'm hitting early or late, so the only way can make sure it's just one of them, I speed up my scroll speed. Due to this I know that any 200's I get are late, but it also puts me in a risk of easy misses anything that takes slightly longer to read doesn't give me enough time to respond.

Trying to beat khelly at certain maps also made me realize another thing. I suck at reading certain patterns. Until now, I have been mostly playing typical stream maps, maps with LN, jacks, and alternating patters. I haven't had many dumpstream or KBSM maps to practice. I largely blame ranked maps for that. Most of them are the same thing, and it is rare to see maps being ranked with a different style. As a result, I suck even on 3* dumpstream maps. Here is another thing sort of figured out. Since my skill range is up to 4.4*-4.8*, if I perform worse then expected on some map below those values, it is almost certainly due to reading issues or notes being used on one column more than others.

Recently I decided to watch Centipede and Empress with HDHR mode. What I saw peaked my imagination. The notes stayed visible short enough for things to appear animated. I can imagine that animated maps could be feasible this way. I am interested to see if I can make something that would make Centipede look primtive. This would require some planning though. I need to figure out the song choice and the patterns I would want to use as the visualizations. Doing it all be hand will be to tedious, so a tool will need to be made, perhaps one which converts animated gridded monochrome bitmaps to the osu map format as well as a something that converts a vector line into stream like in Centipede. Maybe towards winter, I'll get to that. I want to work on the replay analyzer for now.

Unfortunately I think the reading skill will need to be delayed yet again. Several things came up causing the delay. First, the algorithm which I used to parse the beatmaps was slow and needed to be optimized. Second, the focus shifted to fixing up the precision skill. I though it would take a day or maybe 2 to fix up precision, but I the formula I came up with wasn't producing the results I expected. Debugging the thing was a pain and then third, I had finals, so progress was halted for a week. Hopefully the reaction and fixed precision skill will roll out this month and the reading skill next month.

Following that, I will work on agility and maybe stamina and tenacity if I get the chance to. By then I plan to integrate replay analysis into the osuskill formula tool, add gui,  features and release it with support for just the osu! gamemode. Depending on what I feel like doing, I might try out making the beatmap visualization tool or preceed on integrating the next gamemode into osuskills. I haven't decided which gamemode will come next, but it's between CtB and mania. I'm leaning on CtB more currently. I see more CtB players wanting a better difficulty rating system than mania players. Whatever will sway my opinion by that time I guess.

Well, abraker out -

Last edited by abraker (2016-05-20 08:33:35)

hfT37VC.gif

^ #90 2016-05-20 11:58:46

Mahogany
Pony

Just so ya know, I read every post you make in this, it's very interesting to read.

Keep up the good work!

"Real women will take your cash then leave. A waifu will be your devoted partner for life" -B1rd

Board footer

Cookie policy