Tuuba Time: 2024-03-28 20:57:50 | Local Time: 2024-03-28 18:57:50

You are not logged in.

^ #91 2016-05-25 01:09:11

abraker
Mad Scientist

Re: abraker's Osu! Log

[PLY] 05/24/16 <MANIA> Finally S'd DJ Sharpnel - We Luv Lama [LV18] by sergioperez with a score of 830k (96.52%); first attempt 1/13/15

hfT37VC.gif

^ #92 2016-05-31 00:30:52

abraker
Mad Scientist

[PLY] 05/28/16 <STD> Got into the top 100k

hfT37VC.gif

^ #93 2016-06-04 04:44:44

abraker
Mad Scientist

So today I went god mode on mania and got my second best pp score, getting me back 100 ranks and back into top 3000. These things happen rarely, so I enjoy the day it happens. Tomorrow I am likely to play like total noob again. Speaking of playing a noob, ever since I moved home from college, I started playing worse in standard. The table I play on has less friction than the one I played on back in college, so my mouse is really sensitive to the movements I make and goes on a slippery slope. I tried decreasing my sensitivity from 1.13x to 1.00x, but depending on my hand movements, my hand just overshoots sometimes. Imagine it like being on ice, only no amount of sensitivity changing is going to remove the fact that you hand still slides not proportionate to your movement. I also tried using loose leaf as a mousepad, but that had too much friction and I really hate the feel of moving against loose leaf.

osu!skills hasn't received an update with new features in more than a month. Usually I urge kert to do at least a monthly update, but he is loaded with irl stuff. So expect osu!skills to be hiatus until he finds the time to push an update. The update should include the fixed precision skill, reaction skill, and manual skill updating. Since I am working on something else, I am currently not working on the reading skill, sorry :(

So what am I working on? I am currently busy reworking the osu!skills analyzer and preparing it for a release as a osu! replay analyzer. The first release will have basic features to just load a map, load a replay, with standard play/pause/seek controls hopefully with all gamemodes. Going from there, I plan on adding more advanced analysis displays such as average hit time, average hit positions, etc. Following that, I will add back the skill calculation into the program and start working on the reading skill again with occasional updates to the analyzer to keep the project alive when I switch gears again. I hope to finish the first and second releases by the end of the month so that I don't keep the angry folks who have been waiting for the reading skill waiting for too long.

After finishing the reading skill, I plan going back to working on the analyzer and work towards releasing the skills calculations as one of the analyzer's features. This would hopefully allow players too look through and find parts of a map where the skill calculation doesn't make sense instead of instead of looking at their and other players' skill results.

As a closing note, I feel like I'm up against a race with LAZER being released.

Last edited by abraker (2016-06-04 04:46:26)

hfT37VC.gif

^ #94 2016-06-08 05:18:23

abraker
Mad Scientist

[PLY] 06/08/16 <MANIA> Finally passed wa. remixed celas - Gin no Kaze [4k Another] by Marirose with a score of 643k (88.20%)

hfT37VC.gif

^ #95 2016-06-12 09:20:58

abraker
Mad Scientist

Couple days ago was another good day to play mania. Waking up early has its benefits I guess. Usually I play on 32 speed, maybe 33 on better days, but that dayI was reacting to 34. I don't remember what the scrollspeed to AR conversion is, but that's close to AR11 with HD... so AR 10.something actually. I got some delicious pp that day. I woke up late yesturday and barely went faster than 32 speed. Luckily Blastix Riotz was ranked, so I got ez pp out of that one. I couldn't pass the hardest diff of that mapset because I couldn't sync up my hands to trill properly. Some other day I will be able to pull it off. I expect to get about 87-89% on that. Considering it's a 5.5 on HT, I estimate that wouldnbe around 180pp, enough to give me 5 ranks, maybe less.

For the past week I've been rewriting some parts of the analyzer and trying to avoid or fix bad design. I'm currently implementing the replay reader for the analyzer. It took me 3 days to figure out how to extract info from the files and I'm now trying to figure out how to sync the replay to the beatmap.

Just recently I got added to the LAZER project. peppu recommended to make my project in C#. It is indeed tempting and will be practically the 3rd rewrite of the code. This project was meant to take up a month's focus away from osu!skills and with this up in the air, I came upon an intersection. This can go both ways really. One one side, the existing osu! code should allow me to just import most stuff and port the rest. On the other hand, C# is an unkown territory to me. I don't know how much I may be slowed down by the lack of knownledge of how to get thing working. I decided to take a day to see how much I can get working in C# to decide if it is worth porting the code to that language.

My end goal is to implement a good scoring system and cheat detection in osu!. By not accepting to make the code in C# then would be stupid. But it is also stupid to abandon osu!skills like that. Two ways to achieve the same thing, but one will prevail. Two ways stretching me to choose a side. Oh boy, this is intense. Let me say this as a closing note, kert hates C#.

hfT37VC.gif

^ #96 2016-06-16 21:35:28

abraker
Mad Scientist

[PLY] 06/16/16 <MANIA> Accumulated 5k pp

hfT37VC.gif

^ #97 2016-06-17 04:10:23

abraker
Mad Scientist

[PLY] 06/16/16 <MANIA> Finally S'd 44teru-k remixed wa. - Isetsu Higanbana Daiichi - Gensho no Amaryllis - [Another] by Marirose with a score of 837k (96.21%)

Last edited by abraker (2016-06-17 04:11:38)

hfT37VC.gif

^ #98 2016-06-23 05:09:30

abraker
Mad Scientist

The reaction skill will be out any day now. Kert is currently doing the last things needed to launch it. The fixed precision skill will be delayed as it was discovered that it has two major flaws. First, there is a very small difference between what it gives out in terms of speed. An HTHR and DTHR maps are close in values typically, like 40 apart or which is questionable. The second is very silly. The map can have as little as two notes really far apart and fast and will be worth a lot. The formula assumes you will try it once and gives a result based on that.

The recent mania scoreV2 announcement really got me worried for the future of mania. How I see it, devs are not as sure what to do as they seem to be. Adding acc and score components together is like stitching together two failed parts and expecting it to work. I propose my own version of a scoring method which should theoretically be better and it is based on the difficulty of the map. Currently I've been busy implementing this scoring method in the replay analyzer and seeing how it works out.

I am thinking of proposing a change in the gameplay mechanics as well. First one is to remove OD entirely. Accuracy of a hit will be determined with a gaussian function and would be the same for all maps. Players would be able to set two layers of hit error ranges which would serve as feedback of how far or close they are hitting to the center. Second is to allow players to set the HP. HP serves as a mechanic only to let the player know they are doing terrible and need to stop. Players should be able to choose what average miss/hit ratio they want to play towards. Finally score would be every point accuracy*difficulty added up (<- oversimplified description).

I will admit that it will make osu!mania less of a game and more of a simulator, and I have no real justification of doing it as such other than personal appeal. If the idea fails to take off, I will still be able to do it with the LAZER branch and then see how it pans out.

hfT37VC.gif

^ #99 2016-07-04 03:42:42

abraker
Mad Scientist

[NEW ACHIEVEMENT]: Highest star 4k FC'd

New:
[07/03/16] pic; replay
    3.91*; DJ Genericname - Dear You [4K MX] by Taiwan-NAK

Prev:
[10/27/15]
    3.85*; Qrispy Joybox - Ascalon [ANOTHER] by Julie

hfT37VC.gif

^ #100 2016-07-11 05:09:44

abraker
Mad Scientist

I think it has been a while since my last entry.

Me and Khelly are consistently challenging each other on various mania maps. He is batter at jacks and stamina intensive parts while lacking in everything else, but he is catching up. There are some maps he managed to acc that I could only dream of getting. My current average is around a 992k SS, while he can shit out a bit higher. I am not sure why I have trouble getting high enough accuracy tbh. In any case, I recently got 4 Dan and hit the 5.2k pp mark, so I know I am somewhat still proving in other areas.

I wanted to get into standard, but I don't see that happening right now. I've been focusing on mania as much as I have been regularly, so yea. I still play it time to time, but I don't spend enough time on it to try FC'ing something seriously. I do get random FC's here and there, and I glad for that, but I don't think of it too much. I am seeing improvement, but I don't really care enough.

I finally got supporter... from Khelly... out of nowhere. I would have objected if he asked, so he just got for me no questions asked. Sometimes I don't understand why people do things they do, but I am thankful for it nonetheless. That was a 2 year wait, actually almost exactly 2 years. The day I started playing osu! was on the 4th, so I like that coincidence.

The reaction skill rolled out. But the score database suffered a major loss in the process. While Kert was copying over the database, something went wrong and around 4 million score got wiped. He managed to restore 2 million the first week, but the rest were lost for the time. Kert estimated it would take around 6 months to gather the scores again using whatever method he was using. Meanwhile players were complaining how the change affected their rankings. It... was a rough 2 weeks. I ended up programming an application to fetch the entire 4 million scores and erase records of banned players which took around 3 days day and night to finish. Permanent disaster avoided.

So some players are complaining that the reaction scores they get are too big on some maps which are less than a minute long. Well I don't blame them for complaining, but that is the valid result. The reaction needed to do those maps is still what it is, it is just easier because it either takes less time or other skills are low, so there is no extra influence. This is pretty much the downside I realized osu!skills has. We split up maps by skills, but skills by themselves don't really say how hard a map is. So perhaps all skills should be under each other's influence. Then it won't be pure skills. It's hard to decide.

I wanted to release the analyzer a couple weeks ago, but it's still far from ready. Some basic features I wanted implemented are not implemented because I was focusing on mania scoring last month. This month I already started work on the reading skill. So, maybe the analyzer will be released next month. Dunno, but it will be released sooner or later.

There was one day I took a break from the analyzer to work on something else. peppu posted a request for the guys who signed up to help develop osu!LAZER to make a keycounter. You know, the thing which you can see how many times the player has pressed "z" or "x" keys in replays. It took me around half a day to make it work since this is the first time I touched C# and the osu! code base looks like a demolished building under construction. Once I got it working, it looked easy looking back. It's one of those things where you are like in a school and get lost pretty easy, but several weeks later you can give anyone directions to where is what.

Anyway, that's all for now

hfT37VC.gif

^ #101 2016-07-13 02:30:55

abraker
Mad Scientist

[NEW ACHIEVEMENT]: Highest star 4k DT S'd

New:
[07/03/16] pic; replay
    4.72*; REDSHiFT feat. Hatsune Miku - 4U (Short Ver.) [Avalon's MX] by     erlinadewi-

Prev:
[03/06/16] pic; replay
    4.4*; xi - Blue ZenitH [Hyper] by Jepetski

hfT37VC.gif

^ #102 2016-07-14 21:13:30

abraker
Mad Scientist

[PLY] 07/14/16 <STD> Highest star SS: 3.32* Aoi Eir - IGNITE (TV size ver.) [Hard] by Guy with a score of 2.6M

hfT37VC.gif

^ #103 2016-08-02 00:18:10

abraker
Mad Scientist

[NEW ACHIEVEMENT]: Highest star 4k PF'd

New:
[08/01/16] pic; replay
    3.96*; P*Light feat. mow*2 - Homeneko*Sensation [4K Insane] by     victorica_db

Prev:
[10/27/15]
    3.85*; Qrispy Joybox - Ascalon [ANOTHER] by Julie

hfT37VC.gif

^ #104 2016-08-02 00:21:20

abraker
Mad Scientist

[NEW ACHIEVEMENT]: Highest star 4k FC'd

New:
[08/01/16] pic; replay
    3.96*; P*Light feat. mow*2 - Homeneko*Sensation [4K Insane] by victorica_db