Tuuba Time: 2024-04-25 02:53:27 | Local Time: 2024-04-24 23:53:27

You are not logged in.

^ #1 2015-10-21 10:03:21

B1rd
-

Dragonball

Talk about Dragonball and stuff (I really need to get around to watching this)

^ #2 2015-10-21 10:05:38

enet
Womanizer

Re: Dragonball

Go watch Dragonball Kai if you can't be bothered to watch the whole 300+ episodes of the original.

Oh and also Dragonball > Dragonball Z

latest?cb=20100923045834

^ #3 2015-10-21 10:07:01

IppE
Complaints Department
Website

Dragon Ball Super is dumb as hell.

DUMB AS HELL.

And still I watch it like a fool.

^ #4 2015-10-21 10:08:14

enet
Womanizer

I stopped watching it after 4 episodes.  I can't stand the japanese voices.

latest?cb=20100923045834

^ #5 2015-10-21 10:11:29

FuZ
cancer incarnate

enet wrote:

I can't stand the japanese voices.

Goku's grandma voice is perfect

^ #6 2015-10-21 10:44:46

B1rd
-

Here is the discussion from OT, continue here if you will.

I tried to move them but it turns out you can't move posts into a pre-existing thread (you have to make a new one) so I did for one page of posts, but I'm an idiot because then I couldn't move all the other posts into that thread. My apologies for the stuff up, it won't happen again.

Hidden text
BrianOA wrote:

feel like drawing some dragonball

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

Can you draw teen gohan doing something cool then
coolest character

BrainOA wrote:

teen gohan as in the one in the cell games or the one that went to high school and fought crime?

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

the cell games one
so yeah the cool one

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

Liked Buu Saga's Gohan more but okay

Arch Enemy wrote:

Draw The Destroyer

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

he was okay but i didn't like him on a conceptual level. to me he was still the same lame saiyaman who just got a confidence boost because of his ridiculous free power up. though it was definitely fun to see him toss buu around like a rag-doll for awhile, until he got absorbed because he's stupid..

BrianOA wrote:

The school part was fun

Gohan was always dumb, even back in the Cell Games

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

like, the rage-broken gohan of the cell games will always have a special place in my heart since it's still the first and to me only time Gohan showed true malice towards his opponent. Every other time it seemed more like blind rage over anything when he snapped. Even against Buu he seemed to barely care when he was told everyone had been eaten.

And let's not forget when Goku powers up for Korin on the lookout and Gohan says "Is dad really that strong?" in an ambiguous way that can be interpreted in 2 ways but in the manga it was a subtle foreshadowing to his latent power since he really meant was "Is that really all he's got?" However, this was lost on the anime which im quite sour about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ni6FV0EZdc

i can appreciate you like the lightheartedness of the high school saga but to me it was quite silly.

enet wrote:

Gohan was my favourite character too.  He was supposed to be the one to kill Buu since he's the strongest out of all the Saiyans until fans kept complaining.

Arch Enemy wrote:

anyone in here saw Goku's father movie? I have it in VHS, it was... alright, i guess.

enet wrote:

I've watched all the movies growing up.

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

Which one? the one where Bardock and the Saiyans get wiped out or the one where Bardock goes super saiyan and wrecks frieza's ancestor? Because the Latter was everything every fan could ever want and yet it was so wrong it hurt, truly an emotional rollercoaster i remember cheering, crying tear of joy and cringing at the same time.

Brian OA wrote:

Well, the deal with Gohan was that he was supposed to be, potentially, the strongest. In a way I felt like they wanted him to be the focus for Dragonball Z but they ultimately never went through with it. The raged Gohan in the Cell Games was fantastic in that he was basically the key player now, but he was still retarded in refusing to finish off Cell because he wanted him to suffer.

Gohan in the Buu Saga was a lot more resolute about just getting rid of Buu outright instead of dicking around like almost all of the Z-fighters do, though I prefer him because he finally got some peaceful days under his belt before the World Tournament. Before that it was just training, fighting, and shitting your pants because the Saiyans/Ginyus/Frieza/Androids are coming

Gilgamesh wrote:

Goku is still for me the numero uno here. His development is by far the best, only closely followed by Vegetableman.

Gohan is basically 99% crying and bitching about morals that are flawed anyways, 0.6% fighting, and 0.4% calling for daddy.
I seriously disliked him, and there were like, a 100+ eps where his crying was the focal point of the episode.

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

while "Fight you? No, I wanna kill you" was easily Gohan's best delivered line in the show (I got chills) and it was vs Buu, I don't know, I'll always prefer cell saga gohan above all other iterations.

They were planning to make Gohan the main protagonist but the fans simply wouldn't accept Goku being gone, so the outcry eventually led to Old Kai giving his life to Goku. I wonder if Goku got what was left of Old Kai's life or if it just allowed Goku to live the rest of his natural life from the point he died, because if he actually got Old Kai's remaining time alive.. ho boy.. he's going to live to be tens of thousands of years old, right? Easily enough time to surpass people like Beerus. Sometimes I think too much into things though.

Also, Vegeta hands down wins in the character development department, yes even if you compare him to Goku. Compared to how far Vegeta has come over the course of the series, the other characters basically stayed the same except for the size of the explosions they can create. DBZ is still my favorite show of All Time though

Brian OA wrote:

Vegeta is the coolest

enet wrote:

Brian, by the end of Buu Saga, ignoring the new Dragonball Super anime, Gohan WAS the strongest out of all the Saiyans.  Only thing stronger than him was Buu: Gohan absorbed and Vegeto, with Vegeto being the strongest being to date, but he doesn't count since he's a fusion.  FYI Buu:Gohan absorbed is the strongest Buu, Kid Buu is actually in fact the weakest. 

There's a reason as to why Gohan was so hyped up.  Gohan was meant to be the main character of Z; Z was supposed to be the story of Goku passing down the torch to Gohan but fans kept complaining that they didn't want Gohan as a main character so whatever his face, Aki Toriyama? decided to change it.

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

I don't think Kid Buu is the weakest. I think Fat Buu is weaker because of the influence of the Kai's goodness suppressing his power, after all was essentially a being of pure evil..

That said, it would have been quite funny if Gohan had ended up being saved from earth exploding, could you imagine him on the Kai's planet along with Goku and Vegeta against Kid Buu? lol... wouldn't have even been a fight..

enet wrote:

Well think of it this way; Super Saiyan 3 Goku could barely hold his own against Fat Buu.  When they first fought, Goku immediately went super saiyan 3 because he knew no other form could handle him.  In his fight with Kid Buu though, he was more confident and knew he could conserve more energy by first using super saiyan 2 instead.  Kid Buu is the weakest but he has two major  advantages above the rest; he has limitless energy and his fighting habits are unpredictable.

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

I guess that's a good point, I'm just now considering how hard Vegeta got manhandled by Fat Buu and he was exactly on par with ssj2 Goku. But I also think Kid Buu was extremely passive for most of his fight against SSJ2 Goku, and I also believe there is relatively little power difference between a crude un-mastered SSJ3 like Goku and a clean fully mastered SSJ2 like Vegeta.

Kid Buu only seems to put out as much power as the opponent calls for in some ways it feels like. That's why Hercule didn't get one shot, that's why base form Vegeta didn't get one shot. I believe SSJ3 Goku was when Kid Buu was really getting pushed though.

enet wrote:

When Goku went Super Saiyan 3, he was completely anhilating Kid Buu but then there's that point I made about Kid Buu having limitless energy.  Goku like all others, lose energy so while he was getting weaker during the fight, Kid Buu remained at the same strength.

But yeah, if Gohan fought Kid Buu.  Buu would never even had a chance considering Super Buu is well above Kid Buu in power level.

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

Fat Buu also had limitless energy until he lost access to that source after being separated from Kid Buu. At that point he was actually little more than an eldritch majin fusion between South Kai and Daikaioh [It shocks me that he was allowed to exist like that, and that his existence does not offend the Kai's but whatever].

I also don't remember ssj3 Goku having issues against Fat Buu and it's worth mentioning Goku wasn't trying. He stated he could have killed Fat Buu on earth but his childlike innocence made him hesitate, and he wanted the boys to have their shot.

enet wrote:

I think you underestimate Fat Buu too much.  Fat Buu after he split into two was weak, yes, but Fat Buu before that was way stronger than any of the saiyans at the time.

Before his fight with Fat Buu, Goku clearly stated to Piccolo that he can't beat Buu even using his 100%, he had no reason to lie considering he only had 1 day in which he could stay at earth.  I guess what he said to Vegeta about being able to beat Buu back at earth was meant to be encouragement and show that he was more confident seeing as how Kid Buu is significantly weaker.  Throughout the whole Buu Saga, Goku kept hammering the point that fusion was the only way to beat Buu apart from Gohan.  When Buu turned into Kid form, that was the only point in which Goku felt he could win without any of those.

enet wrote:

Go watch Dragonball Kai if you can't be bothered to watch the whole 300+ episodes of the original.

Oh and also Dragonball > Dragonball Z

I'll probably watch Dragonball first, I watched liked one or two hundred episodes years ago but then I dropped it.

Last edited by B1rd (2015-10-21 10:47:07)

^ #7 2015-10-21 10:53:06

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Damnit, we need more memes here.

4927c6a8a04cd93693da48dd85e43fdc.jpg

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #8 2015-10-21 10:58:26

enet
Womanizer

c95b34b6155b4e5a5400ddcdd7c96d28a9ade179a976ad2459bbff9bea680c24_1.jpg

latest?cb=20100923045834

^ #9 2015-10-21 11:19:47

B1rd
-

a153d92f7c.PNG

^ #10 2015-10-21 11:57:32

NotEvenDoomMusic
the real me

CiMWA9M.pngCiMWA9M.pngCiMWA9M.pngCiMWA9M.pngCiMWA9M.pngCiMWA9M.png

^ #11 2015-10-21 11:58:32

xxjesus1412fanx
Baron of G&R
Website

this is of significantly lower quality than the discussion we were having in the ITT thread. Presumably everyone saw DBZ thread and their first reaction rather than not post was to google "Dragonball Z Meme Dank"

i am Riince aka Bassist Vinyl
Professional Jesse Fanboy

^ #12 2015-10-21 12:19:01

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

VTFtdou.png

Edit: Funnyjunk hotlinks don't work and should not work holy fuck why

Last edited by IppE (2015-10-21 12:22:10)

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #13 2015-10-21 12:42:48

B1rd
-

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

this is of significantly lower quality than the discussion we were having in the ITT thread. Presumably everyone saw DBZ thread and their first reaction rather than not post was to google "Dragonball Z Meme Dank"

Just continue on from what's in the quotes? I guess transplanting a conversation as messily as I did ruins the mood a bit.

And blame Aurani, he's the one who started posting the dank memes.

^ #14 2015-10-21 12:47:47

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

But I couldn't stop laughing when I found all the retarded Yamcha memes. Also, I'm open to discussion if you actually start a good one - the memes are there just as a sort of filler.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

Board footer

Cookie policy