Tuuba Time: 2024-03-29 01:24:45 | Local Time: 2024-03-28 23:24:45

You are not logged in.

^ #1 2015-10-19 23:34:17

B1rd
-

the new forum design, pewdiepie, oh God what is happening to osu

Time to start assimilating the threads from the inferior oldforum to our new, vastly superior Tuuba forum

So, my thoughts on the new forum design: everything feels dumbed down and simplified. It's designed to look prettier, but who gives a shit about what it looks like, you go on a forum to talk to people not to admire the web design. The big problem with the new forum is that the functionality is worse, the infinite scrolling is horribly annoying, almost everyone I've heard of prefers to have pages yet, peppu refuses to listen. He has consistently shown that he doesn't care about feedback, another example being when he deleted my OWC thread because it gave 'unwelcome feedback'. 

I can't exactly say peppu is 'selling out' since there is not yet any obvious financial motivations behind what he's doing, but he seems to be trying to appeal to a more casual userbase, it feels like the new forum is trying to target casual smartpone users. And it's not just the new forum, he seems infatuated with pewdiepie and the thought of all of pewdiepie's cancerous fanbase flooding osu!.

So, ah, discuss and stuff

Last edited by B1rd (2015-10-20 04:33:43)

^ #2 2015-10-19 23:42:30

ksg
titteli

Re: the new forum design, pewdiepie, oh God what is happening to osu

B1rd wrote:

peppu

idk about osu! forums or anything related to that, but these filters are wonderful

i can't wait to live in the moment

^ #3 2015-10-20 00:09:30

abraker
Mad Scientist

Oh wow this has Cobalt style, I'm sold!

hfT37VC.gif

^ #4 2015-10-20 00:24:43

enet
Womanizer

abraker wrote:

Oh wow this has Cobalt style, I'm sold!

You know it.

latest?cb=20100923045834

^ #5 2015-10-20 07:18:55

Mara
Baka
Website

Haven't been paying too much attention to the new site but after checking it I puked at the infinite scrolling feature. Jesus christ.

^ #6 2015-10-20 07:23:30

FuZ
cancer incarnate

tfw this forum coded in 2 sec is more ergonomic and has more customization features than the new osu forum

^ #7 2015-10-20 11:05:22

sev
Marshal Admiral

I don't like the new forum design. Everything feels too big. So much wasted space. The infinite scrolling is just terrible. Especially if a thread is long. I don't care if the design is all colorful and "pretty" either. I just want it to be fucking functional. The forum felt decent when I browsed it through mobile, but on a pc? Nah son.

Pewdiepie posting a video won't change anything. A good amount of the player base consists of kids/dumb people/both, add the ones pewdiepie sent on osu's way and they can still be avoided or ignored easily. I doubt most of pewdiepie's fanbase has the detication to stick to a rhythm game anyway. Most will likely quit.

The only thing I got on peppu is that being socially inept is a bad trait in his line of work. Idk what else to think about this prick.

^ #8 2015-10-20 11:10:58

IppE
Complaints Department
Website

In their defense the technical implementation of the new forum is short from amazing. It just feels like they had fancy stuff as a priority and  usability second.

^ #9 2015-10-20 14:26:20

abraker
Mad Scientist

They just need to balance aesthetics and practicality better.

hfT37VC.gif

^ #10 2015-10-20 15:43:12

Khelly
Isämmaam Puolustaja

I would have no problemif it was smaller and didn't use infinite scrolling

^ #11 2015-10-20 16:38:46

Mahogany
Pony

I haven't been making accurate measurements but since PDP made his video there have been like 100k new accounts made in a short period of time and the daily average online players has gone up from 10k to 13k

Pretty significant jump but 10 year olds get bored quickly

"Real women will take your cash then leave. A waifu will be your devoted partner for life" -B1rd

^ #12 2015-10-20 21:14:21

Railey2
-

IppE wrote:

In their defense the technical implementation of the new forum is short from amazing. It just feels like they had fancy stuff as a priority and  usability second.

I think long-term, this will prove to be an advantage in terms of created revenue. Fancy stuff attracts users more than stuff that is slightly more practical, but way less shiny. Most users never get into the forums anyways, so it is merely incidental to their main reason of being on the website (playing the game, looking at their profile etc.). The usability won't be of much importance to them, which means that appearance weighs more than usability from their perspective - and when these sort of people turn out to be the majority, also from peppys perspective.

I can't blame him.
It could turn out to be a decent trade-off for peppu. The general feedback in the main forums official thread wasn't all that negative either.

eaa5900b16.jpg

^ #13 2015-10-20 22:15:14

B1rd
-

Railey2 wrote:

I think long-term, this will prove to be an advantage in terms of created revenue. Fancy stuff attracts users more than stuff that is slightly more practical, but way less shiny. Most users never get into the forums anyways, so it is merely incidental to their main reason of being on the website (playing the game, looking at their profile etc.). The usability won't be of much importance to them, which means that appearance weighs more than usability from their perspective - and when these sort of people turn out to be the majority, also from peppys perspective.

I can't blame him.
It could turn out to be a decent trade-off for peppu. The general feedback in the main forums official thread wasn't all that negative either.

Yeah pretty much. But the reason there isn't much negative feedback is because if there was he would just delete the thread. Most of the discussions by anyone who has been there for any amount of time were doing so in OT. 95% of the people in the 'discuss the new design thread' are either irrelevant newcomers or mods and staff sucking up to peppu.
And that's why we made this forum, because complaining to peppu wouldn't do anything.

abraker wrote:

They just need to balance aesthetics and practicality better.

Yeah it wouldn't be too hard to make something that people liked, if he wanted to.

Kaienyuu wrote:
Hidden text

I don't like the new forum design. Everything feels too big. So much wasted space. The infinite scrolling is just terrible. Especially if a thread is long. I don't care if the design is all colorful and "pretty" either. I just want it to be fucking functional. The forum felt decent when I browsed it through mobile, but on a pc? Nah son.

Pewdiepie posting a video won't change anything. A good amount of the player base consists of kids/dumb people/both, add the ones pewdiepie sent on osu's way and they can still be avoided or ignored easily. I doubt most of pewdiepie's fanbase has the detication to stick to a rhythm game anyway. Most will likely quit.

The only thing I got on peppu is that being socially inept is a bad trait in his line of work. Idk what else to think about this prick.

Yep.

I don't think pewdiepie will have much of an impact either, but it just shows who he's catering to.

tbh

Last edited by B1rd (2015-10-20 22:17:07)

^ #14 2015-10-20 23:08:21

Railey2
-

I think the thread reflects quite well how most people will view the new forums: "oh look, its shiny". The fact that the thread isn't gone yet supports that, right? The majority will be ok with it. Personally, I am moderately ok with it at the moment.

eaa5900b16.jpg

^ #15 2015-10-20 23:10:43

Granger
Cash Money
Website

I guess. In my oponion, being shiny is the only thing it got going for it tho. And even that has some (partly) glaring faults in my oponion.

Life is like a box of chocolates. But theres no candies in there for you.

Board footer

Cookie policy