Womanizer

Re: ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT

and Muhammad.

latest?cb=20100923045834

^ #10817 2016-07-16 13:24:37

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Hey, my country is dealing with muslims just fine currently. Yours is the one that's getting anally raped by them, as Allah wills it. :p

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #10818 2016-07-16 13:26:02

enet
Womanizer

Lord praise their anal raping capabilities.  We'll see who really are the victims by the end of this century.

I received a calling from Muhammad and in my dreams he whispered to me "Serbiaaaaaaaaa"

Last edited by enet (2016-07-16 13:27:21)

latest?cb=20100923045834

^ #10819 2016-07-16 13:29:51

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Uzu6206.jpg

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #10820 2016-07-16 13:36:38

enet
Womanizer

You won't be laughing once you start feeling something the size of a baseball bat being shoved up your ass in the middle of your sleep.

Muhammad's word, Allah praise him, are the words of Allah himself, as he is the Holy Prophet sent down upon us to lead us into the afterlife blessed with 72 virgins who we are free to fuck all day err'day, from night till dawn with no rest cuz we get none of that fatigue shit in paradise yo

latest?cb=20100923045834

^ #10821 2016-07-16 13:42:45

Mara
Baka
Website

Here's an update to that fighting game adventure. Yesterday I wasn't really playing but I watched all Beginner tutorials. I learned a trick or two but I am not entirely sure if that info has helped me in the matches, yet.

Today I got to play against Mukku who loves fighting games and is super good at Street Fighter. Both of us had huge expectations that I would not win a single game today, but apparently we were both wrong. Out of 11 games I somehow managed to win two of them. Here's the second win. (Please note that most of these games I got absolutely destroyed, especially the last one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETEYu4_ogE8

Things I learned from these matches:

- As expected, player opponents are much more unpredictable than AI. Shocking news! I had to improvise constantly in order to do anything. It was a good thing that Mukku played Jin for almost all the matches so I was aware what kind of attacks Jin can pull off.
- I need to work on my blocking. Most of the time I was using my Barrier instead of trying to block. I felt way too unsafe to try normal blocking as Mukku was always able to hit me instantly no matter what kind of stance I had.
- I need to relearn the midair attack Ragna has. I tried to pull it off multiple times that could have been done pretty nice damage but I always messed them up and ended up waving my sword in the air instead.
- Can't throw someone who attacks. This is apparently basic meta in fighting games but I was not aware of this. Makes sense.
- How about getting cornered? It's something I have to take a look at more as Mukku was charging like crazy doing long combos it was really hard to get off of Mr Bones' Wild Ride. Well, you can burst per round but that's pretty much it (and I wasted it once during the video as well by accident) - I need to find a way to prevent such scenarios.
- I believe my strongest point currently is reading opponents (thanks Quake and CS) but that doesn't grant me any victories if my technical executions are way off (and let's face it, I am not reading Mukku too well either, so much for "strongest point"). I have to stop smashing some of the normals (due panic) and actually think which one to use when getting real close. This error can be seen in the video as Mukku dashes backwards and I just decide to try punching the air instead. As for other attacks I just have to get more consistent on making successful moves (no extra inputs etc).
- Gotta improve my mobility, especially when midair. I move too slowly in some cases.

While I was getting my ass kicked most of the time, Mukku was still pretty surprised how well I was doing. I doubt the result would be the same if were to play Street Fighter tho. But the road is still long and I still don't know jackshit about fightans. My quest on understanding fighting games shall continue.

t2XcE8U.png

Last edited by Mara (2016-07-16 13:53:16)

^ #10822 2016-07-16 13:47:21

enet
Womanizer

The Engrish in that game is AIDS.

latest?cb=20100923045834

^ #10823 2016-07-16 13:55:38

Pirtelö
Cosmic Bun

goddamit just kiss already

uwm6ayk2569x.gif

16:02:42     Plakkis| You're beyond help sorry

"When you're hungry, eat potato, not ass" t. Jonne 2023

^ #10824 2016-07-16 13:55:45

sonatora
SHSL Meme

enet wrote:

The Engrish in that game is AIDS.

yes and most japanese games too

the only japanese game that i can think of that has good english is persona

isitoolate

^ #10825 2016-07-16 14:02:12

Koma
A V I A T O R

Pirtelö wrote:

goddamit just kiss already

uwm6ayk2569x.gif

You'll be kissed instead.

Last edited by Koma (2016-07-16 14:02:34)

^ #10826 2016-07-16 15:11:54

Ambivalence
I like older women
Website

The Turkish coup is such a disaster that I believe it's a false flag:

- What about starting the coup predawn like most coups do because it's the path of least resistance, and when most people are asleep and powerless to seize the maximum power?

- What about arresting key government figures or infrastructure like most coups do because that's how you actually seize power, the very purpose of a coup?

- What about achieving control over state and social media and misinformation campaigns like most coups do because that's how you consolidate your power over time?

- Why is Erdogan, the worst PM in the world, still calm and slimy instead of in panic and paranoia like he is in Gezi?

Last edited by Ambivalence (2016-07-16 15:21:30)

Don't use “thought” verbs too much: thinks, understands, loves, hates, and a hundred others. Instead of characters knowing, present the details that allow the reader to know them. Instead of a character wanting something, describe the thing so that the reader wants it. Only specific sensory detail: smell, taste, and sound.

^ #10827 2016-07-16 15:14:04

Zhepyr Valentine
Magical Girl

Mara tries fighting games part 2

Mara wrote:

- As expected, player opponents are much more unpredictable than AI. Shocking news! I had to improvise constantly in order to do anything. It was a good thing that Mukku played Jin for almost all the matches so I was aware what kind of attacks Jin can pull off.

Improvising is necessary unless you're playing against a low level CPU or a really dumb player. If you win by doing just one move like spamming fireball it doesn't mean you're good, it means your opponent sucks at dodging fireballs. I'm not certain about that version, but CPEX has character specific guide which teaches you what to do in different situations. It's not perfect, but serves as a good starting point.

I see you're standing still a lot less in that video. That's better. Next, try adding small movements like crouching or even 1 step forward/backward. See how the Jin in that video always seems to move? You want to look like that.

Personal comment: If I'm playing Jin against Ragna (or any character that doesn't have good mid/long range game) and I see my opponent standing still at a distance for a long time, I'm throwing those projectiles. Non stop.

Mara wrote:

- I need to work on my blocking. Most of the time I was using my Barrier instead of trying to block. I felt way too unsafe to try normal blocking as Mukku was always able to hit me instantly no matter what kind of stance I had.

You'll get better at blocking with each fight as long as you don't completely neglect it. You probably already know this, but always block low when on the ground, unless your opponent is doing overheads. Most characters usually have only 1 or 2 overhead so you don't have to remember many moves (the visual usually helps). Most jump attacks are also overheads, but you don't really have to remember it because... well, when characters jump they're not on the ground. Or just get good at Tager. You can't be a good Tager without being a good blocker.

Mara wrote:

- I need to relearn the midair attack Ragna has. I tried to pull it off multiple times that could have been done pretty nice damage but I always messed them up and ended up waving my sword in the air instead.

Training mode is always there for you. Also, do challenges (pretty sure that version has it). You don't have to remember all the combo, just get a general feel of which move links nicely with other moves.

Mara wrote:

- Can't throw someone who attacks. This is apparently basic meta in fighting games but I was not aware of this. Makes sense.

Yeah. Throw already beats blocking. It has to be done to prevent throws from becoming OP.

Mara wrote:

- How about getting cornered? It's something I have to take a look at more as Mukku was charging like crazy doing long combos it was really hard to get off of Mr Bones' Wild Ride. Well, you can burst per round but that's pretty much it (and I wasted it once during the video as well by accident) - I need to find a way to prevent such scenarios.

Corners can get tricky, but if you don't want to get cornered then push your opponent into the corner. Watch the gootecks video I linked, near the end Xavier got into a fight and they taught him how to move. This is over simplified, but if you're moving forward, your opponent is going to move backward (nobody wants to get hit). If he jumps then do anti air or dragon punch. Just make sure you have something ready in case your opponent decides to go forward and attack you instead (there is no such thing as being too ready to block).

Mara wrote:

- I believe my strongest point currently is reading opponents (thanks Quake and CS) but that doesn't grant me any victories if my technical executions are way off (and let's face it, I am not reading Mukku too well either, so much for "strongest point"). I have to stop smashing some of the normals (due panic) and actually think which one to use when getting real close. This error can be seen in the video as Mukku dashes backwards and I just decide to try punching the air instead. As for other attacks I just have to get more consistent on making successful moves (no extra inputs etc).

Executions can be trained. Once again, that gootecks video. You want clean inputs (always turn input on in training mode), and do moves 5~10 times consecutively on each sides. Extra reps for the side you're worse at.
As for mashing, just try to stay calm. It will go away the more you play. Playing a slower fighting game (Street Fighter, KOF, Tekken, anything that's not by ArcSys basically) might help. Blazblue is fast, and fast things doesn't really go well with panic.

Mara wrote:

While I was getting my ass kicked most of the time, Mukku was still pretty surprised how well I was doing. I doubt the result would be the same if were to play Street Fighter tho. But the road is still long and I still don't know jackshit about fightans. My quest on understanding fighting games shall continue.

Good luck. Gentle reminder to "please enjoy game".

Last edited by Zhepyr Valentine (2016-07-16 15:16:30)

I worship the cold and despise the heat

^ #10828 2016-07-16 15:17:46

Hades Izanami
Supreme Senpai

If you still have some trouble, hit me up. One thing is theory and another thing is practice.

^ #10829 2016-07-16 15:49:55

Hades Izanami
Supreme Senpai

Zhepyr Valentine wrote:
Mara wrote:

Yeah. Throw already beats blocking. It has to be done to prevent throws from becoming OP.

Actually you can, It's called Throw Counter, but it needs timing.

^ #10830 2016-07-16 16:09:53

Mara
Baka
Website

me atm

0TcnrNs.jpg

Board footer

Cookie policy