Sales Manager
Website

Re: ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT

EliAslit wrote:
tupsu wrote:
EliAslit wrote:
tupsu wrote:
EliAslit wrote:

The discussion is most likely related to being annoyed at the designated speaking voice chat place having pictures of a new US president and it having areas that are named after him.

related to that and what spurred me to write this, yes, but it's really only a minor detail of my gripes

Consider the environment and think about how it fits in it. Also it wasn't aimed at you so why get offended about it? Don't get offended about a thing that doesn't affect your life much at all please.

first, you really don't need to tell me what to not get offended about
second, I only came on here after I got a paragraph of insults thrown into my face for daring to complain
yay democracy

you should probably not be commenting since you don't know most of the story, either

Regarding the presidency, I know enough considering I have been following the race from the beginning through both pro- and anti-trump news outlets. (And considering he is just a typical populist who has completely changed his approach to politics now that he won and will probably do a lot less than he promised to)

But people just thought that it's really childish to get offended over something like that. Sure you can decide to get offended about anything, but why waste energy on something like that when the only thing it is going to do is encourage to leave the theme for a little longer? Because people really don't like that people get offended for no good reason.

I am offended because it directly affects me, and a large number of my close friends
I'm sorry but I really can't see the humour when people I know and their basic rights are under relatively direct threat

(´・ω・`)

^ #15527 2016-11-22 14:06:12

silmarilen
ציצימרילן

How does it affect you directly? Not trying to bash you, just genuinely curious because i didn't follow much of the whole election other than that both sides suck.

^ #15528 2016-11-22 15:25:36

EliAslit
Eurobeat is fantastic

Maybe it's the fear that now that Trump is the president he will try to weaken US's responsibilities in NATO -> Estonia's defense gets worse against Russia, which probably is causing unrest there. Though you have to remember that he is just the president and the Congress would still probably be against giving Russia free space. Also EU is a big partner of theirs and EU wouldn't look lightly at them making EU defense worse.

Regarding basic rights, only thing that would endanger that really would be that Russia invades you, but that is as very unlikely and the southern former USSR countries would probably get invaded before Estonia anyway. If there's any other way that he would endanger your basic rights I'd like to know what would that be?

^ #15529 2016-11-22 15:35:10

Brian OA
Liver Extraordinaire
Website

She said it would endanger her close friends' rights, apparently. Still, it's hard to discuss this on such vague terms. I would prefer that tupsu elaborated.

^ #15530 2016-11-22 15:39:18

EliAslit
Eurobeat is fantastic

She also said it affected her directly, which would mean that she is talking about it affecting her own country. And I interpret that as what I said before.

^ #15531 2016-11-22 17:12:05

fittan
nup.pw/rPApJe.webm
Website

there is no fucking risk whatsoever for russia to invade estonia. estonia is both an eu- and a nato-country.

also estonia is apparently based http://observer.com/2016/02/estonia-wan … ent-black/

fittan.gif

^ #15532 2016-11-22 17:40:40

enet
Womanizer

Today I learned more about the country of Estonia than I ever did throughout my whole life.

latest?cb=20100923045834

^ #15533 2016-11-22 17:40:44

Hika
The Anus Destroyer

thanks for giving a fuck about America tupsu you are precious af

^ #15534 2016-11-22 18:33:13

tupsu
Sales Manager
Website

Brian OA wrote:

She said it would endanger her close friends' rights, apparently. Still, it's hard to discuss this on such vague terms. I would prefer that tupsu elaborated.

trans people's rights are under direct threat, and so are things like gay marriage. this is mostly an indirect threat related to the presidency, but the supreme court will probably be gaining at least 2 new justices over Trump's time on the position and can easily overturn the previous ruling about gay marriage.

fittan wrote:

there is no fucking risk whatsoever for russia to invade estonia. estonia is both an eu- and a nato-country.

like, yeah, I wish that was an actual safety net at this point, but trump possibly pulling out of nato (as 'punishment' for most countries not reaching 2%), moving closer to russia and indicating that he is considering essentially giving the green light to russia for taking crimea isn't exactly making me feel comfortable

(´・ω・`)

^ #15535 2016-11-22 18:43:13

EliAslit
Eurobeat is fantastic

The first one isn't that likely, at least the man himself has said that he wouldn't overrule the law on gay marriage, because it was already decided upon. And even if that would happen the law would come back probably in the near-future, because majority already wanted that and it would be only matter of time when it would be made allowed again.

The second one is possible but still highly unlikely, because even if he moves closer to Russia, the Republican party majority still doesn't like Russia and is against them so majority of Congress would want to prevent Russia from getting more powerful, which should prevent invasions and such. If something drastic doesn't happen in that party. Why would they try to invade the pretty liberal country of yours when they could take Belarus or some really conservative and cooperative country first.

^ #15536 2016-11-22 19:22:16

tupsu
Sales Manager
Website

EliAslit wrote:

The first one isn't that likely, at least the man himself has said that he wouldn't overrule the law on gay marriage, because it was already decided upon. And even if that would happen the law would come back probably in the near-future, because majority already wanted that and it would be only matter of time when it would be made allowed again.

The second one is possible but still highly unlikely, because even if he moves closer to Russia, the Republican party majority still doesn't like Russia and is against them so majority of Congress would want to prevent Russia from getting more powerful, which should prevent invasions and such. If something drastic doesn't happen in that party. Why would they try to invade the pretty liberal country of yours when they could take Belarus or some really conservative and cooperative country first.

okay, so what about planned parenthood and abortions then? people will have to go to mexico/canada for illegal abortions. that doesn't fly by me.

russia wants us because we (all of the baltics) have a non-freezing sea and a large Russian speaking non-integrated population, and taking us creates a land connection to Königsberg.
there is 0 point in them taking over Belarus, it is already theirs. even the visa applications for both countries use the exact same paper, you just tick a different box for either country. Ukraine has shown they'll fight back and going in further might invoke international response, southern Slavs aren't as interesting, Finland is big and has brother Sweden watching its back. we're small enough to take in one fell swoop and if Tallinn goes down, we're all fucked.

(´・ω・`)

^ #15537 2016-11-22 20:01:05

fittan
nup.pw/rPApJe.webm
Website

EliAslit wrote:

belarus is already practically russian, they are a prime example of a satellite state and russia would not benefit from making belarus an official part of russia

fittan.gif

^ #15538 2016-11-22 20:24:37

Hika
The Anus Destroyer

I don't fuck with the no funding for planned parenthood. I really don't because I get my birth control there.
So I feel ya tupsu

^ #15539 2016-11-22 23:03:21

fittan
nup.pw/rPApJe.webm
Website

Waffles [L] is coming back to replace WCD

To explain previous downtime, this is from reddit.

Hidden text

OK. here, finally is the story. Waffles went down for financial reasons, and stayed down due to staff issues that will not be hashed in public, don't bother asking. Lack of communication was because of the staff element, I was hoping the downtime would last a day or two at most at the beginning, but that obviously isn't what happened. This happened at a really inopportune time, we were just as surprised at what happened since we went down as you were.

We've changed hosts to get a situation that is within our current means. We still owe a debt to the old host that will need payment, and we still need money to pay it. Because we're changing hosts (and equipment), we don't know how long it will take before we are able to come back up. But I will make sure our twitter and this space are updated with news as it comes, particularly if an ETA arrives.

Some answers to frequently asked questions: No, we're not adopting gazelle. The amount of development time it would take to do that is not available. For now, things will be as they were when we went down.

No data appears to be lost, we have the site code as it was when we went offline.

We're keeping the current invite policy in place when we reopen. We recruit at a couple of private torrent sites, plus invites are open. So will we offer something more liberal? That depends on what we find our current capacity to be after we get set up.

That's all for now. Let's hope the migration goes simple and easy.

fittan.gif

^ #15540 2016-11-22 23:41:00

Hades Izanami
Supreme Senpai

and Psyonix decided to add Steam Workshop on Rocket League, coming this December. yay

kinda sad it only applies to custom maps and not custom decals and shit

Last edited by Hades Izanami (2016-11-22 23:41:26)

Board footer

Cookie policy