You are not logged in.

^ #76 2018-07-24 02:13:48

abraker
Mad Scientist

Re: Cyberpunk Mafia [Town Win]

I'll repost fittan's comment regarding Hades and TB for reference

fittan wrote:
Aurelianus Augustus wrote:

He was never known to be a man of logic, so despite voting for me out of silliness, he doesn't seem like he's capable of scheming like a dirty, filthy cyborg and thus you shouldn't base your vote solely around that.

smells to me like early distancing from fellow scum. I'd like to add that this read has nothing to do with my initial vote on Aur, call it Aur randomly being the top voted person and Hades taking the bait. Why else would Aur post this? I find Lefafel's post(s) not so relevant to this, it's just random voting.

Man would it be funny if I ate my own words and he turned out to be a cyborg just pretending to be daft, but actually planned it out all along.

This post also doesn't make sense to me as anything other than scum distancing. Aur's post quoted above is actually exactly what raised a flag to me and I was waiting for one of you to make a single other post related to one another after this one, hopefully with a bit more of a defence than 'just doing my thing, lol'.

Now,

Hades Izanami wrote:

I wouldnt jump into quick conclusions but Aurelianus fast response is pretty suspicious, given the fact that the first vote was random. Now I wouldnt call IppE the nicest guy in the world, so lets keep an eye on him too.

this post I can't make much out of, it being your first post and all, but still the fact that you later chose to vote for Aur makes me wonder why you even said such a thing. Were you expecting someone to jump on IppE? Meme-voting one another at the start is very common and it's really helpful for town, actually, because it lets town know who's keen to make literally anything out of it. You kind of did, too. Arguably so did I, though it's easy for me to claim it was to bait others into doing something worth making an early read out of.

Sincerely waiting for both of you to tell me to fuck off.

Vote: Hades Izanami.

==========================================================================
==========================================================================

Imo there are two possibilities:
1) Like Lefafel said, Fittan touched the truth and so he was eliminated before finding out more evidence. This would mean A.A is potentially Hades's scum budy.
2) Mafia are taking advantage of the fittan's highlight of the situation between Hades and A.A to mislead us into thinking there is something between them. This means A.A is not Hades's scum budy.

fittan wrote:

Sincerely waiting for both of you to tell me to fuck off.

^ I also find this bit interesting considering he got NK'd

Lefafel wrote:

We know the remaining Mafia has the Tracker trait, but that they did not use their ability since we witnessed a night kill. I'm not sure what that implies, but worth making a note of.

I could only imagine this would mean the remaining scum *really* wanted to get rid of fittan. I can't think of any other reason why they would risk not using it.

hfT37VC.gif

^ #77 2018-07-24 11:03:21

IppE
Complaints Department
Website

Lefafel wrote:

We know the remaining Mafia has the Tracker trait, but that they did not use their ability since we witnessed a night kill. I'm not sure what that implies, but worth making a note of.

It means the remaining mafia cannot for sure know who the doctor and cop are.

abraker wrote:

I could only imagine this would mean the remaining scum *really* wanted to get rid of fittan. I can't think of any other reason why they would risk not using it.

fittan was the most active scumhunter, it's blatantly obvious as to why mafia would like to get rid of them. You of all people should be aware of this.

^ #78 2018-07-24 12:15:11

abraker
Mad Scientist

IppE wrote:
abraker wrote:

fittan was the most active scumhunter, it's blatantly obvious as to why mafia would like to get rid of them. You of all people should be aware of this.

Wait, doesn't the tracker role allow you figure out who used a special role during the night? Wouldnt mafia's priority be figuring out who the cop is?

hfT37VC.gif

^ #79 2018-07-24 12:59:08

IppE
Complaints Department
Website

abraker wrote:

Wait, doesn't the tracker role allow you figure out who used a special role during the night? Wouldnt mafia's priority be figuring out who the cop is?

Setup details tells us that the mafia needs to choose between using the tracker ability and a nightkill. Again, you should know this. fittan being dead tells us that mafia chose not to use the tracker ability but instead went for the kill of the most active scumhunter, who during the previous day singled out the other mafia.

Also the mafia would have to correctly first guess who the cop is, since the tracker role doesn't magically tell you anything, just if the person you targeted performed a night action and who they targeted. To the tracker the cop and doctor are indistinquishable. If they even pick the right person to track.

^ #80 2018-07-24 12:59:53

IppE
Complaints Department
Website

This is all assuming the tracker role tupsu uses works as explained in mafiascum wiki.

^ #81 2018-07-25 04:21:15

abraker
Mad Scientist

IppE wrote:
abraker wrote:

Setup details tells us that the mafia needs to choose between using the tracker ability and a nightkill. Again, you should know this. fittan being dead tells us that mafia chose not to use the tracker ability but instead went for the kill of the most active scumhunter, who during the previous day singled out the other mafia.

I know this

IppE wrote:

Also the mafia would have to correctly first guess who the cop is, since the tracker role doesn't magically tell you anything, just if the person you targeted performed a night action and who they targeted. To the tracker the cop and doctor are indistinquishable. If they even pick the right person to track.

This is the part I was not aware of. I thought it would show who targeted without selecting who to track, which is why I thought it was too good of a thing for mafia to pass up on.

Where is everybody? The clock is ticking...

hfT37VC.gif

^ #82 2018-07-25 10:54:50

IppE
Complaints Department
Website

abraker wrote:

Where is everybody? The clock is ticking...

Who knows, maybe you killed them all?

Roleclaim: Cop

I noticed that on D1 you did actually not do any scumhunting, something you've generally done in past games when you're on town's side. All you did was just defend your initial no-lynch vote which you just conveniently forgot was very anti-town until  you were reminded of it. Since fittan was actually doing some proper scumhunting and the 3 other stooges were generally inactive but not outright suspicious I decided to inspect you during the night and what do you know, it turns out you're anti town.

Vote: abraker

Killing off the most active scumhunter is a very convenient thing to do, I guess you felt more threatened by him than what the random chance of possibly figuring out one of the town powerroles was worth. It's also kind of adorable how you claim to not know how the tracker role works.

^ #83 2018-07-25 12:51:52

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Interesting how no one actually voted me despite what appears to be finger pointing on the last page.

Also, what's the proof for what you're saying, IppE? It could've been as much you as it could've been him. Just laying low, already in the saddle with fittan who was a townie, so you're generally safe. Now, the real problem with that one is why no other cop rcd already to denounce you, so I'll wait for that, unless I completely skipped something in the last day while I was gone.

There's 3 more days left, after all.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #84 2018-07-25 13:17:29

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Also worth noting that since I know what role I am myself, and know I'm not a filthy cyborg, both Lefa and abra are as suspicious as IppE here, considering they both immediately used the fact that I protected ManBoat by claiming he's just being himself and not scum.
Now, knowing that fittan got it wrong with claiming I'm Boat's accomplice (something so far only I can know, as there's no solid proof for other's that I'm a townie) we must also take into consideration that one of those two would jump to bite and lynch me, as one robomong is already dead and townie victory is almost assured.

Can I propose rcing to end this swiftly or is that outside the rules for forum mafia? I tried reading the mafia wiki, but haven't yet stumbled upon the page where it mentions if a user can request the other user(s) roleclaim or not.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #85 2018-07-25 14:09:31

abraker
Mad Scientist

IppE wrote:

I noticed that on D1 you did actually not do any scumhunting, something you've generally done in past games when you're on town's side. All you did was just defend your initial no-lynch vote which you just conveniently forgot was very anti-town until  you were reminded of it.

D1 was way way too short for me to do scumhunting. I always compile data about the people in game to draw conclusions prior to deciding who to vote for, and we were still pretty much into the random vote phase.

IppE wrote:

Who knows, maybe you killed them all?

Roleclaim: Cop
I decided to inspect you during the night and what do you know, it turns out you're anti town.

Vote: abraker

Why didn't you role claim from the beginning of D1 and only did it now? With one scum remaining and nobody having nuetral roles, for a cop to role claim following and investigation of an anti town player means checkmate for the scum.

- The scum can't roleclaim as cop at this point, otherwise the real cop would simply role claim and the fake and real would be sorted out by the next day via lynching one of them. This means either you are a real cop, or we are waiting for the real cop to role claim.

- If a player claims to be a cop and have inspected someone who happens to be anti town, then the cop has forfilled their purpose. Lynching the cop would confirm whether they are lying or not, and the scum is dead next day.

IppE wrote:

It's also kind of adorable how you claim to not know how the tracker role works.

I actually didn't  know how it works

hfT37VC.gif

^ #86 2018-07-25 14:11:07

abraker
Mad Scientist

Sorry I meant to say "Why didn't you role claim from the beginning of D2 (this day) and only did it now? "

hfT37VC.gif

^ #87 2018-07-25 14:33:39

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Well then, isn't the solution very simple? IppE said you're anti-town, so just as you said, either you're lying or he's lying, and unless one of you is fucking around and betraying the town, it's as you said - lynching one will reveal the other.

Tracker is a weaker cop, no? That's what I read on the wiki, at least. It means your deduction is on-point, unless I'm missing something.

So far abraker is proving himself to be reasonable. IppE should be under the scope now.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #88 2018-07-25 14:36:06

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Now the true question is why IppE would go forth and claim the cop role if he's lying (thus fucking himself over) and if he isn't lying, why you'd literally point out the method of winning the game, thus screwing yourself over, unless you've already given up as he inspected you...

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #89 2018-07-25 17:41:51

IppE
Complaints Department
Website

Now, the real problem with that one is why no other cop rcd already to denounce you, so I'll wait for that, unless I completely skipped something in the last day while I was gone.

There are no other cops, you know your own role, mafia claiming cop would just tell the actual cop who mafia is (making it pointless) and vanilla townie claiming cop would probably just throw off the actual cop so doing that is actually anti-town if anything.

Can I propose rcing to end this swiftly or is that outside the rules for forum mafia? I tried reading the mafia wiki, but haven't yet stumbled upon the page where it mentions if a user can request the other user(s) roleclaim or not.

We can all agree to roleclaim, but no one is forced to roleclaim. I'd honestly be interested as to which role abraker picks to roleclaim as.

So far abraker is proving himself to be reasonable. IppE should be under the scope now.

Again, it doesn't make much sense for scum to roleclaim as cop when everyone knows there is a cop. If abraker was the cop he would've already dispute my roleclaim. If you want we can see if zertap or Lefafel dispute my roleclaim, but I don't think they have anything new to say.

Now the true question is why IppE would go forth and claim the cop role if he's lying (thus fucking himself over) and if he isn't lying, why you'd literally point out the method of winning the game, thus screwing yourself over, unless you've already given up as he inspected you...

Exactly.

^ #90 2018-07-25 17:48:09

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

So then all we have to do is lynch you, then lynch him if you prove to be an actual cop. Or the other way around, why do you care? If we lynch you and it turns out that you indeed *are* a cop, didn't you win then? Just as abra said, you've fulfilled your purpose if we lynch you and find out that you were telling the truth.
It really doesn't matter who we lynch, either he gave up and made peace with his fate, or you're trying something here.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

Board footer

Cookie policy