Tuuba Time: 2024-03-28 16:34:51 | Local Time: 2024-03-28 14:34:51

You are not logged in.

^ #31 2015-10-26 12:00:07

Shiringo
Cancer

Re: Retro General

I just need to play more and yes the red cars are annoying.
uTtm6jN.png

Well im done. I give this game 7/10.
If the game has only 5 level its kinda short but the game is hard so I think I let it pass.
Soundtrack is good.

Last edited by Shiringo (2015-10-26 12:13:41)

^ #32 2015-10-27 05:50:33

Mara
Baka
Website

Going to try it once again today at some point.

^ #33 2015-10-29 21:31:03

Mara
Baka
Website

New Hi-Score so far.
tl0Wm2K.png

^ #34 2015-10-29 21:36:18

abraker
Mad Scientist

Nice! Will try to beat that a bit later

hfT37VC.gif

^ #35 2015-10-29 21:40:26

zertap
Backend Oni
Website

I suck at videogames...

HlcC5q.png

^ #36 2015-10-30 14:26:59

InsectProxy
a moskito made it for a stig

Here's something that you might want to add on your list.
It's like pure distilled 200% tuuba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8EJwg_K1QY

LJHcm9k.png?1

^ #37 2015-10-30 14:50:11

Mara
Baka
Website

It's not like we are getting there any time soon. It's 100% RNG and we are dealing with 10000s of games.

^ #38 2015-10-31 01:25:22

Soner
Fruit Expert/Expert Fruit

In the gritty future streets of Neo-Berlin, life can be full of pain, and nobody knows that better than agent Simeon Kurtz.  A cruel remnant of the Nazi regime, he was an experiment by Hitler's elite nazi scientists to create the ultimate super soldier.

Half man, half machine, and half monkey (hence the name), he's a bio-mechanical cyborg designed to kill. But now, in an era where direct weapons like him aren't of much use. Now he's sent on useless missions, like bringing top secret documents back to his capital, but he can still make his own fun. In a seedy London basement, he downs shot after shot, forgetting about the documents until his car is stolen.

In a way, he expected this to happen, and he's happy for it. It means he gets to go into action again. Punching and shooting and throwing himself through men, cars, even helicopters. He transforms into whatever equipment is needed for the job, using his universal ammo to bring hundreds to a fiery death.

Eventually, he makes it to the end of his journey. All of Europe is in fear, and has parted to reveal his target. In a hail of bullets, he brings the stolen car to a halt, and rips the documents from the driver's hands. He holds them up in victory, but suddenly finds himself surrounded by armed soldiers.

Despite his claims of serving the people with his successful mission, the only thing they can see in his eyes is death. They open fire, finally bringing his life to an end.

Gk27riV.png

During his journey, he only acquired 84510 points. But in the undying servobrain they pry from his lifeless corpse, he can relive those final moments forever. Maybe some day he will beat that score.

Last edited by Soner (2015-10-31 01:27:52)

^ #39 2015-10-31 02:28:36

abraker
Mad Scientist

How? And how long?

hfT37VC.gif

^ #40 2015-10-31 08:09:04

Mara
Baka
Website

Noice.

Now that you beat the game (I believe?), what are your thoughts about it? We are going a bit sidetracked in here with scores.

Last edited by Mara (2015-10-31 08:14:03)

^ #41 2015-10-31 09:32:19

Soner

abraker wrote:

How? And how long?

IDK how long, the timer is a lie, think of it as a countdown to the next checkpoint. Speed is more of a healthbar for when racing against the police, make sure you never drop below 100 by trying to get to the sides of those police cars. But maybe I only feel that way because I never pressed down, which I think is the brake key.

For level 1, play really aggressively. Move towards motorcycle dudes while punching repeatedly to kill them. Don't try to run police off the road though, just dance around them. Everything else is easy, just make sure you get plenty of powerups and never speedboost unless you have 10 (the most you can hold).

For level 2, kill as many helicopters as you can, they take 2 shots. Holding down the fire button makes the the projectile move farther on release. For speedboat dudes, just rush into them at full speed. Make sure you have enough distance though, you need to be tilting deep for it to count as damage when you bump into them. Oh, also, the lighthouses damage you, and the rocks might, but barrels are useful for temporary invulnerability because they don't actually hurt. Also you can move past the edges of the screen without hurting yourself, the camera just sorta pans.

For level 3, rush towards cars that try to push you off the road to fuck them up instead. You need to have some distance built up, and if you don't have enough room, it's probably best to boost so they don't completely ruin your shields. Cops actually start to get difficult here, so boost if you absolutely have to. Your gun is garbage, and only hurts stuff in front of you, which means it's absolutely pointless to use.

For level 4 it works basically the same as level 2, only killing helicopters isn't worth your time unless you're insanely good at the game. They take 4 shots, and you want that ammo for the final level. If you beat level 2 this should be easy.

For level 5, treat it like 3, and try to use up most of your boosts I guess because you won't need them after this. Eventually you'll get to a car with some numbers above it, get behind it and open fire with your gun, using up all of the ammo you've collected. If that's not enough, catch up with it and run it off the side of the road for some damage. Eventually you'll win. TBH this level isn't that hard, which is good, because at this point you've probably invested enough time to be upset if you fail.

Also, in general, don't run into stuff and kill whatever enemies you can. Civilians don't give point boosts when killed though so just move around them, passing them gives you points.

Mara wrote:

Now that you beat the game (I believe?), what are your thoughts about it? We are going a bit sidetracked in here with scores.

It was OK. I had a Gamegear when they were newish, and it was dogshit, but that doesn't reflect so much on the game. It does a good job of portraying speed, and dodging stuff is fun enough when you get the hang of how stuff warps around the rack while approaching you. Level 2 was probably the funnest, shooting down helicopters and ramming through dudes, but Level 3 is a close second. I really liked the final battle in Level 5, and wish there had been more stuff like that through the game.

As for cons: It's stupid that they give you a weapon and you don't use it for over half the game. Resource management plays an annoyingly large role, and it took me a long time to realize ramming into shit was the most effective way to kill it. I hate how the timer functions more as a countdown to how long you have left, and if you're actually boosting when it says to hurry up you're wasting resources. Also, it lasts too long to play on the go, they should have added a save function... or made the save function more obvious, if there's already one.

I give it a 3/5 if you're playing it on your computer. It does what it set out to do, and it has enough replayability that you'll probably get a few hours of fun out if it. Still, all the cons keep it from being anything more than average.

If you're playing it on the Gamegear I'd have to give it 2/5. The awful battery life means you'd never play the game while in a car unless you have the adapter, and it lasts way too long for a handheld game. You'd be better off getting the Genesis/Mega Drive version, which probably plays better too.

Last edited by Soner (2015-10-31 09:44:39)

^ #42 2015-11-02 16:35:21

Mara
Baka
Website

Great analysis. I was going to beat the shit out of it now but then I realized it's already Monday. And it's time for RNG roller to tell us the next game!

Oex6Tgd.png

I am not too sure how this can be emulated 100% as I believe Laser Cue is a pinball machine. I got the ROM and the emulator in my folders but I'll take a look at it later tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMf17w1HgNc

^ #43 2015-11-02 17:56:42

Soner

I remember MAME having a kinda crappy UI. It's probably best to use something like RetroArch instead.

^ #44 2015-11-07 02:45:42

Hades Izanami
Supreme Senpai

^ #45 2015-11-07 08:29:35

Mara
Baka
Website

only the original, not the new game

also holy shit I was supposed to check this but it's already saturday dafffdh

Board footer

Cookie policy